Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,623   Online: 1122

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 283233343536373839404142434448 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was out picking through something else entirely at a thrift store, and noticed a clean looking Minolta sitting in a case. I asked to look at it, saw the price was 6.99, and though "cool!"
    Well, nothing worked.
    I had the lady dig up a couple boxes with some older digital P&S cameras, and was about to thank her and walk away when she said, "Oh, here's one kind of like that first one."
    From a tan bag, she pulled out an X700 with a 50/1.7 lens on it, a 28/2.8 lens, a 2x teleconverter, Minolta flash, a bunch of caps, and manuals for everything. The camera also has a leather cover, and the price sticker read $60.00. But... the sticker was blue, and today the %30 discount was applied to blue and green stickers (gotta love those scattershot discounts).
    The camera seemed to work fine, the battery was good and the shutter sounded fine... I think there's film in it too, which piques my curiosity. I wanna see what's already exposed!
    So... $40 for the above.

One bad thing, though... the camera bag was disintegrating, and a black rubbery substance needs to be cleaned from the surface of everything. Luckily there were caps on the lenses and the camera was in its leather case.

...upon closer inspection, the two lenses appear to have some mild fungus in 'em. The camera body itself was immaculate inside, and the shutter curtain seemed to be right on, though I didn't have the ability to exactly gauge its speed. So, now I'll have to either clean that fungus out, find another lens (wiping out my "good deal"), or... I don't know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0921.jpg  
    Last edited by spacer; 10-26-2011 at 05:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    got a pentax mx and the 50mm f/1.4 lens for $5. They are in excellent condition except that the flash sync doesn't work. It won't fire a flash either with hot shoe or the x sync terminal. The FP sync worked.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just now got home from a local thrift store, where I found a nice, working Minolta SRT 201 with the MD Rokkor-X 45/2 pancake for $4.00.
    Last edited by elcabezagrande; 10-27-2011 at 05:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

cameras I bought around town over the past 12 years

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1280316.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	612.8 KB 
ID:	40912

these I bought at yard/estate sales for reasonable prices: the M3 DS with a mint 50/2 collapsible Summicron $450. the Contax IIa color dial with a 50 f1.5 sonnar also mint $75 the Kodak stereo Brownie 2a(a truly rare Brownie one of 4000 made, this one is of the first 1000, dates 1904) $25. the polaroid 110a $15 >the Thornton Pickard shutter $1 The Visoflex with 65 Canadian Elmar $150 a C Simlar collapsible 50 f/3.5 $20 Couldn't find the Leotax to go with it, but there was a leotax body cap. not pictured a Rollei 35S German $30, an Olympus XA $3, A miranda sensorex $20 a perfex 55 $5, a visoflex I with bellows and slide duplicator, valoy ii with focotar 4.5 $10.

The places to go are older neighborhoods where engineers lived.
    ideally ones who were posted by the military to Germany or Japan in the 1950-s

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last week I picked up a Nikon Coolscan IV with the box/manual/cd/accessories for $75 from craigslist. This thing kicks the crap out of my Epson flatbed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonenameddavid View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1280316.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	612.8 KB 
ID:	40912

these I bought at yard/estate sales for reasonable prices: the M3 DS with a mint 50/2 collapsible Summicron $450. the Contax IIa color dial with a 50 f1.5 sonnar also mint $75 the Kodak stereo Brownie 2a(a truly rare Brownie one of 4000 made, this one is of the first 1000, dates 1904) $25. the polaroid 110a $15 >the Thornton Pickard shutter $1 The Visoflex with 65 Canadian Elmar $150 a C Simlar collapsible 50 f/3.5 $20 Couldn't find the Leotax to go with it, but there was a leotax body cap. not pictured a Rollei 35S German $30, an Olympus XA $3, A miranda sensorex $20 a perfex 55 $5, a visoflex I with bellows and slide duplicator, valoy ii with focotar 4.5 $10.

The places to go are older neighborhoods where engineers lived.
    ideally ones who were posted by the military to Germany or Japan in the 1950-s

David
    So... if/when we head up to Huntsville, we really oughta hit some yard sales.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by spacer View Post
    So... if/when we head up to Huntsville, we really oughta hit some yard sales.
    That's my backyard man, let's hope so

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good news on my Minolta: Both lenses and the teleconverter are free of fungus. When I got some decent light on 'em and went to clean them, I found that the dreaded threads were actually what appeared to be stringy paper lint. There's a touch of dust on the inside, but it isn't nearly as horrible as I'd feared. I LOVE this viewfinder!
    Just loaded it with some film, and I'll be testing it tomorrow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Sea & Sea MotorMarine35 for $5.00 !
    Batteries, and a roll of film were included, I just need to add water !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This was a gift from an acquaintance of ours, not a garage sale find: I was just given last night a near-mint Fuji Fujica Compact 35 with original instruction booklet and a 3-roll x-ray protector for film. I haven't had the camera out in sunlight yet, but its selenium light meter appears to be working and all seems to be in working order.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin