Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,709   Online: 974

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3034353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Ron, I gotta make some trips out to Long Island, those deals are always incredible! But I fear I would be knee deep in gear lol!
    It's such a nasty habit, but I'm am so addicted to The Dollar Deal$ !!!
    I still have that $1.00 Series 1 70-210 lens for you, we need a MeetUp soon.
    Maybe : https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149386075137497 ; on December 15th.

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Longmore View Post
    It's such a nasty habit, but I'm am so addicted to The Dollar Deal$ !!!
    I still have that $1.00 Series 1 70-210 lens for you, we need a MeetUp soon.
    Maybe : https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149386075137497 ; on December 15th.

Ron
    Yes! that exhibit looks awesome, I've been interested in her ever since I saw a post about her body of work, and that tv news clip. Should be cool, I'll send you a pm or facebook message to figure out a time that your free to go. I can always go before work, but the gallery closes before I get out. thanks for the head up about this! Im sure fellow apuger's would like to see her work too! You should post this to the Manhattan meetup group!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My best garage sale finds were all made about 20 years ago.

At the time, M42 lenses were so unfashionable no one wanted them and most camera shops in the UK refused to deal with them. I bought six Carl Zeiss lenses for £19 each. These were from different sources, £19 sounds better that £20 I guess and seemed to be the standard price.

Just recently I managed to sell these on eBay for over £100 each. Suddenly everyone wants a Carl Zeiss Sonnar or Flektagon and M42 are the most popular, as they are the easiest to get a mount for. One Flektagon went for £180.

Bizarre thing is, for every lens I have that is badged as 'Carl Zeiss' - I have an identical one badged 'Pentacon'. Whilst we all know they are essentially the same thing - on eBay anything Pentacon is almost worthless...
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    My best garage sale finds were all made about 20 years ago.

At the time, M42 lenses were so unfashionable no one wanted them and most camera shops in the UK refused to deal with them. I bought six Carl Zeiss lenses for £19 each. These were from different sources, £19 sounds better that £20 I guess and seemed to be the standard price.

Just recently I managed to sell these on eBay for over £100 each. Suddenly everyone wants a Carl Zeiss Sonnar or Flektagon and M42 are the most popular, as they are the easiest to get a mount for. One Flektagon went for £180.

Bizarre thing is, for every lens I have that is badged as 'Carl Zeiss' - I have an identical one badged 'Pentacon'. Whilst we all know they are essentially the same thing - on eBay anything Pentacon is almost worthless...
    Well I didn't know that, maybe I'll pick up some Pentacon lenses now

edit: just looked at some sample pics from the 200mm f4, that is some serious bokeh...
    Last edited by altim; 11-11-2011 at 02:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by altim View Post
    ... that is some serious bokeh...
    Sirius Bokeh comes from Sirius Glass, go figure.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just picked up a Nikon N90s for $25! Came with the original owners manual and a magic lantern guide.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    picked up a new toy for pocket change...came in Nikon mount (for my FE2) and since I had Nikon adapters for my Canon Dslr...well....

Appears to be soft on one side...well both sides but moreso at the right (bottom) of frame...will try another adapter, though I doubt I'll see any improvement...

still, a nice toy...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Today in a charity shop, I bought a 24mm f2.8 Auto Makinon lens in M42 mount. Nothing particularly special but for £6.50, it would be rude not to buy it!

Like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...3#ht_484wt_754 but 1/10 of the price!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Picked up a Exakta VX with C.Z. Jena Biotar 58mm f/2.8 lens this morning at a local yard sale for $10. This camera has the old style front face with modern pc outlets.

Everything works with no damage to the curtains and the glass cleaned up nice..

Time to take it out for a test run...........

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Scored a FREE Canon FX with the 50mm 1.8, 35mm 2.5 and 135mm 2.5 FL lenses. Gonna go shoot it up this coming weekend.
    K.S. Klain

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin