Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,091   Online: 935

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3236373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An "ancient" (early 1960s?) C.M. Marchioni #4602 Tiltall tripod (silver) for $15.00. Said tripod was found in fair shape, needing only a new piece of felt cut for the base. I will take it out for a "spin" this weekend when I head over to the Island to do some off-season shooting at Butchart's Gardens? (first time I will have ever shot there in the winter - I don't really know what to expect).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An Agfa Isomat Rapid !

Ron

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ebay prices are high because of overseas buyers. Nobody here in the US has any money.

On a happier note, i just picked up a Canon QL17. My second one actually, but this one is not as clean. Good price, not great. However what motivated me to get it is that I was able to test the shutter. It works perfectly!

Many of the ones for sale online dont work well. And the QL17 is a real pain to fix.

Also I picked up my first russian camera. A strange SLR with a 39mm? screw mount. It it labeled "Zehum 3m" or something in script. Looks exactly like a Zenit 3m. Weird, the shutter speed selector spins when you fire the shutter. But hey it works. And for $3 why not?
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post

Also I picked up my first russian camera. A strange SLR with a 39mm? screw mount. It it labeled "Zehum 3m" or something in script. Looks exactly like a Zenit 3m. Weird, the shutter speed selector spins when you fire the shutter. But hey it works. And for $3 why not?
    That is a Zenit 3(C) using the Cyrillic alphabet. And $3.00 is an absolute steal. It is a 39mm thread mount, but I don't believe Leica LTM lenses will work on it. I once bid on a black one with white lettering, it was the prettiest little thing, and the only black one that I have ever seen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    Ebay prices are high because of overseas buyers. Nobody here in the US has any money.
    Stupidest thing seen on Ebay are UK sellers refusing to sell abroad (hey just schtik the parcel in british mail and write a foreign address, what is so hard???)

They invariably end up selling their stuff for £2.25 while stinking rich but very ugly furinners would be happy to pay £25....
    It will eventually sink in, on both sides of the Big Pond!

Oh yeah on topic : I finally managed to blow life into an old Voightlander Vito B, had to put in a test film to get the FILM to get the shutter working, and after a few test exposures even the slow speeds are working.
    Got it cheap from UK......

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by analog what is that? View Post
    Stupidest thing seen on Ebay are UK sellers refusing to sell abroad
    Just as stupid as the US sellers who state US only.

Quote Originally Posted by analog what is that? View Post
    I finally managed to blow life into an old Voightlander Vito B, had to put in a test film to get the FILM to get the shutter working
    They're supposed to do that. That's why you can get them cheap from sellers who don't think they work!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    got all this for $100 at a garage sale last summer everything is in mint condition

Nikkor 105 f/2.5
    Vivitar 300 f/5.6
    Nikkor-H 50 f/2
    Rexatar 200 f/3.5
    Hoya Filters
    Nikkor 24 f/2.8
    Prinz Var-I-Rim 2x Teleconverter
    Olympus 35RC with 42 f/2.8 Zuiko
    Novoflex Bellows
    Nikon FM Cable Release
    Nikon FM Body
    Rollei Flash

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
    got all this for $100 at a garage sale last summer everything is in mint condition

Nikkor 105 f/2.5
    Vivitar 300 f/5.6
    Nikkor-H 50 f/2
    Rexatar 200 f/3.5
    Hoya Filters
    Nikkor 24 f/2.8
    Prinz Var-I-Rim 2x Teleconverter
    Olympus 35RC with 42 f/2.8 Zuiko
    Novoflex Bellows
    Nikon FM Cable Release
    Nikon FM Body
    Rollei Flash
    Great deal! the 105, 24, oly RC, bellows, are each worth more than $100 at current prices!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Yeah, I wanted to pick up 3 neg carriers from a seller this past week - not willing to ship to AU. They've just relisted because they didn't sell; still not willing to ship OS so I'll have to look elsewhere.

On the other hand, I've asked sellers if they'll ship OS and they've been happy to do so - just didn't state it in their original listing - maybe didn't think to or just easier not to bother.

Sure, it's their prerogative, but really does limit the sales pool somewhat . . . . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Steve.
    Actually, its a pain in rear to ship overseas from the US for anything heavier than 13 ounces (first class limit). You need customs forms signed in triplicate, a special clear window (that customs can remove the slips from) and there is no tracking once it leaves the country.

I do get better prices selling overseas, but I prefer to ship in the US when I can.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin