Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,672   Posts: 1,481,813   Online: 1170

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3337383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by analog what is that? View Post
    Stupidest thing seen on Ebay are UK sellers refusing to sell abroad (hey just schtik the parcel in british mail and write a foreign address, what is so hard???)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Just as stupid as the US sellers who state US only.
    When you've been screwed enough times by foreign sales you may not think it is so stupid. Selling on eBay poses many risks for sellers. What is "stupid" is when people criticize what they don't understand.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    When you've been screwed enough times by foreign sales you may not think it is so stupid. Selling on eBay poses many risks for sellers. What is "stupid" is when people criticize what they don't understand.
    What is really stupid is judging a whole country by the actions of a few of its citizens. There is an equal percentage of bad sellers in every country and it is probably a very low figure.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    What is really stupid is judging a whole country by the actions of a few of its citizens. There is an equal percentage of bad sellers in every country and it is probably a very low figure.
    Not my experience. Ever sold to Nigeria?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The President of Nigeria sent me an email that he wants to deposit $39 million US into my savings account for six months and I will get to keep the interest earned! I sent him my banking information immediately. A month has gone by and I do not see his deposit yet, should I contact him now or wait a little longer?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Everybody is free to sell or not to sell to wherever they like or not, if you ask me. In several cases where my country was excluded, I asked the seller as kind and considerate as I could and more often than not, they agreed to sell to me anyway.

Shooter
    35mm

Steve.
    It has nothing to do with any country. It has to do with eBay and it's rules. Again, you are making an assumption based on ignorance.

How long would you continue to have your merchandise stolen from you before you said, "Enough!" ?
    Last edited by BobD; 01-10-2012 at 06:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's fair enough. What isn't fair is to assume that you will have problems with buyers and sellers in any other country but your own. That is clearly nonsense.

This is why I hate the words 'US only' on a sale just as much as someone else might hate seeing 'UK only' for an item. The reality is that it's easy to post to a different country and the chances of anything going wrong or for a buyer or seller to cause problems are equal domestically as they are overseas.

Steve.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    If junk yards and charity shops count I will add these two gems a $10 Vitessa from a junk yard in Manjimup and a $30 Retina from a Charity shop in England

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0931.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	44215

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0932.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	44216

I also have a Leica M2, but that was given to me free and has cost more in repair bills than a new one machined from a block of platinum

Shooter
    35mm
    That's fair enough. What isn't fair is to assume that you will have problems with buyers and sellers in any other country but your own. That is clearly nonsense.
    Yet another statement based on ignorance. As I said it has nothing to do with any country but on how ebay operates. Yes, it is possible for anyone to steal but fraud prevention is far easier for sales kept in one's one country.

For example, when a theft or fraud has been committed on a domestic sale it can be referred to domestic police agencies. But, when such a crime is committed with an international sale the seller's options are drastically reduced. For all intents and purposes there is nothing a seller can do in such a case.

After a seller has lost his merchandise and money to such fraud a few times he/she tends to stop selling internationally and to laugh at the ignorant buyers who assume it is because the seller has something against their country.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Although I've shipped all over the world without a problem, part of the problem in overseas shipments is filling out the paper work required and making a trip to the post office when they are open. I'm about two gallons of gas away from a post office. Items shipped in the USA can be dropped in the self mailing box when I'm in town for another reason. Small (inexpensive items) are not worth the trouble to ship overseas. Bill Barber

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin