Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,522   Online: 819

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364041424344454647484950 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Re: Your Great Garage Sale 35mm Find?

Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    You're correct that the OM2 was the first implementation - even though Canon and Minolta applied for patents first, and that it meters in realtime OTF. However, all Olympus are limited to 120 seconds max in their aperture priority autoexposure according to the manual as well as testing I have conducted with my OM2 and OM4. Please let me know if there is another camera that can meter for as long as it takes or battery is exhausted in aperture priority autoexposure as that is my main interest and knowing of another would be great! I started with the Canon EOS and they are all limited to 30 seconds and exposure is determined at the time the shutter is depressed.
    Ah, I did not get that doing it as long as the battery is working is important to you. I don't know about the Olympus;
    I'll give it a try tonight with my om4ti

Stefan.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roberts View Post
    This past weekend at an antiques fair, two Pentax LX bodies, one 50mm f1.4 SMC-A, one 24-35mm SMC zoom and one 35 mm f2.0 SMC - £50 the lot.
    All because, as the vendor said, "No-one uses film any more."
    Steve
    A definite case of ignorance hurting!

The 35mm and 50mm are both pretty sought after by digital users as well as film. I wouldn't expect to get any single item from that list for £50.

My most recent ebay finds:

Pentax Spotmatic with ERC, original strap and Super Takumar 50/1.4 with original front cap - £7 (almost mint apart from a dent in the top plate, the lens is perfect now I've de-yellowed it).

An auction which just read "Asahi Pentax Jessops". Emailed the seller and found that it included a KX with 55/1.8 lens, so paid £26 including postage reasoning that the lens alone was worth the risk. On arrival I find the camera and lens with original crinkle-finish lens cap, also a Vivitar 75-205mm f3.8 and a Jessops-branded multi dedicated thyristor flashgun. Everything just needed a good clean, the KX is now going through a test roll.
    Last edited by PentaxBronica; 12-23-2012 at 12:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format

Your Great Garage Sale 35mm Find?

While it doesn't really qualify as a garage sale find... A coworker came up to me last week and said, "I hear you like old cameras. You can have this, I use my phone for pictures now." Inside the case was a Canon AE-1 Program, with a 50mm 1.8 and 100-300mm zoom, both by Canon. Along with a Canon flash.

I'm definitely going to have to spread the word that I like old cameras, even further. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gliderbee View Post
    Ah, I did not get that doing it as long as the battery is working is important to you. I don't know about the Olympus;
    I'll give it a try tonight with my om4ti

Stefan.
    Of course battery is important for aperture priority autoexpose and I have been able to achieve 4minutes with my OM4Ti.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    I'm definitely going to have to spread the word that I like old cameras, even further. ;-)
    Or others will try to sell to you their very rare prized antiques for a lifechanging price too . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    While it doesn't really qualify as a garage sale find... A coworker came up to me last week and said, "I hear you like old cameras. You can have this, I use my phone for pictures now." Inside the case was a Canon AE-1 Program, with a 50mm 1.8 and 100-300mm zoom, both by Canon. Along with a Canon flash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice! Canon sure sold a lot of those AE-1s. Great cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Voightlander with box case filters etc for $10 put it on ebay and got $290
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    Voightlander with box case filters etc for $10 put it on ebay and got $290
    Nice catch!

In the past month or so I've picked up two Olympus XA's both working and a Nikkor Series E 50mm. All from thrift stores.
    -Ive been looking for a good working XA for quite some time. And here i got lucky twice. One must be a more recent date, because even the seals are in good shape.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Olympus XA in perfect condition for about 1usd. Crazy world, digital has drawn analog into throw away mental, cheaper to buy another than repair.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    To the average person, that old XA (or XA4) looks just like any other old compact film camera (which you can't get film for any more!) So £1 or $1 at an outdoor sale is all they expect from it.

Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin