Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,446   Online: 995

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3741424344454647484950 LastLast
    mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At a local Goodwill store (charity shop for those over the pond,) a rather used Olympus Stylus for $1.50. Put in a battery and a roll of cheap film and just got the film back from the drug store last night. Works perfectly! Very spiffy pocket camera and whomever designed the outer shell did a wizard job of fitting it to the human hand.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Picked up a pentax ME-Super with a flash and some other lenses.
    The ME-super is dead. The flash is a vivitar 283 but its dead as well. -Did have 2 vivitar flash cords which i actually need yay!.
    A albinar 80-200mm. But the gem is a Pentax SMC 50mm-M f1.4. Nice!

I picked this up at a thrift store. When I walked up to the counter a guy was already checking out the cameras. They had just put a bunch out for sale. I asked for the ugly old brown leather bag and he asked for the newer black nylon. He passed on the plastic vivitar camera it contained.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Almost as good a deal as my XA4. £0.50 ($0.81) - but without the flash!
    I have recently sold a few things I wasn't using. I was very surprised when the bids for this went up to £60!!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    During the last months I've found two Stylus Epic/Mju II, in great condition, on flea-markets, total cost - 14 euros ... I see they go on ebay for 100 eur a pcs. and now after getting the first rolls of c41 shot with them back from development I think I'll drop them on theBay, way too automatic for my choice, the shots look great but I don't like the "workflow" (full auto) on these cute lil machines.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    35mm
    For $20, a Yashica FX-3 from Goodwill, with 50mm f/2 ML lens. The body needs new leather and seals, but camera and lens are otherwise beautiful and perfectly functional. The lens in particular is practically mint. I'm looking forward to recovering the camera body.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Meh sometimes I get lucky and find myself a lens for my Nikons, but I never get lucky and find myself an F5, F4s or F3 hanging out at a yard sale for cheap waiting on me. For that matter I never stumble across any Hassleblad or Mamiya gear at Goodwill. I have a friend who somehow cant goto a Garage sale without finding something cool. I guess I am not gifted that way.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Recent scores:

Original Yashica T (predecessor of the much-loved T4) for $3
    Olympus XA in box for $10
    Olympus Stylus Epic for $3 with a hardly used roll of Delta 100 in it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A Nikon MD2/MB1 combo (482xxx) w/Nikon's Ni-cads and charger and instruction manual for the sum of $300.00 (only thing missing are the boxes the drive and pack were factory packaged in). All the goodies are in mint- condition; the only indication of age I can discern (barely) is a bit of shrinkage of the "leather" on the front of the MB1 back. Only downside: the seller could not find the original MS1 packs, having replaced them with the Ni-cads shortly after purchasing the unit. Time to scope out eBay...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found a really sweet Rokkor MD 200mm for 13.99 and an ok Celtic 28mm for 5.99 at Goodwill.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    35mm
    Olympus XA2 - 5 Euros....
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin