Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,023   Online: 923

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38424344454647484950 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Recently picked up a Pentax IQZoom 170SL (35mm AF point and shoot with 38-170mm zoom lens) for $3.75. Looks brand new; only needed a new CR2 battery. Got a roll processed at Walgreens and boy it's got a good lens.

Also got a Pentax MZ-S new old stock for $100 at a local camera store.
    Pentax MZ-S, Calumet 4x5 Monorail

Favorite Films: Foma 100, Acros 100, Delta 400, Portra 400.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    a small pile of filters, mostly 52mm in various colors. Some grimy, but cleaned up fine. Plus a Gossen Luna-Pro SBC meter. All for $50, and here's the best part, TWO nikon F2 plain prism finders, the DE-1. One is dented and funky (KEH UG at the very best, but probably worse), the other is really nice. Both work equally well on the camera.
    ---
    mike rosenlof
    louisville colorado usa

Shooter
    35mm
    28mm Zeiss Biogon for Contax G-series, 200 euros (~$250), online, not garage sale, but still a great price!
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    35mm
    A Konica Auto S3 for $20 at a local shop. Has the common battery wiring issue and I'll be sending it to Greg Weber for a CLA sometime this month.

Shooter
    35mm
    A few things I found in garage sale which I think a good deal.
    1. Minolta spotmeter M for $2 works perfectly.
    2. Pentax MX with 50mm f/1.4 lens for $5. Everything works except the flash sync. Neither the hot shoe or the pc sync would fire the flash.

The following are not that good of a deal but good deals.
    1. Canonet QL17 GIII for $5
    2. Olympus 35RC for $3
    3. Weston Master II meter for $2
    All work fine.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I bought my Olympus XA at a church sale for $3. I also found a nice Rollei XF 35 for $7.95 - these are vastly overpriced.

Last year, I bought six folding cameras for $300. All were in excellent condition, except one that needs its lens helicals relubed. The six are Super Isolette; Isolette III with an f/3.5 Solinar; Super Ikonta 531/2 (6x9) with a coated Zeisss-Opton Tessar; Certo 6 with a coated Jena Tessar; Balda Six and a Bessa I (6x9) with a coated Skopar.

More recently, from eBay: A Contax III with a working meter; Olympus 35 RC; and Agfa Optima Ia for $49. And then a clean working Rolleiflex SL35 body for $50.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am yet to see a camera related anything worth spending $1 at a garage sale... not that I frequent many but will stop occasionly when I see some balloons and a sign!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Not a great deal in terms of pennies on the dollar... but a game-changer...

One of my most significant garage sale finds was a 6-foot stainless steel sink for $50. He had a speed graphic too, but I didn't exactly need another camera. Not as much as I needed that sink.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Once when I was dead broke in college, I was looking at one of those cases of junked cameras that they often have at antique stores. Lots of contaflexes, overpriced, and undoubtedly dead, Instamatics, a 2x3 graphic, a Ricoh or two. Then I saw in the back a little dumpy silver SLR- Miranda, Orion Camera Company.

I bought a GS-1 with the profits.

Shooter
    35mm
    In the last two years, I've found two Polaroid Miniportrait cameras - the 203 two lens model and the 403 four lens model - and a Polaroid Spectra MB, all in working condition, for a total of about 8 bucks (I live in Tokyo, so 800 yen). The Spectra was 100 yen in the rummage shop near my house.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin