Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,873   Online: 811

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've never found anything decent any a yard sale.
    I've bought a couple SLR's from thrift stores, not any high quality stuff and not for the best prices, but it does save me the cost of shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Finds

Bought a Canon AE 1p for 40 $ last year. Not a big deal. BUT it was in the ORIGINAL box! Still had the plastic insert that goes in side new cameras. Didn't ever have a battery put in so they thought it was no good.You have to take it as is no returns. New battery every things works like new. I never knew that sutters sounded so good.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Not a garage or car boot sale, but yesterday I bought two Pentax lenses 50mm f1.7 SMC-M and 28mm f2.8 SMC-M both in superb condition for £8 the pair.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought a Benbo MK2 tripod with a ball head and case a few years ago for £12 ( about $15 US )
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Recently, about $55 for a non-AI 24mm f/2.8 Nikon lens, in it's bubble with dessicant, in its original box, unused AFAIK. Or a Polaroid 185 for $3. That was nice. A nice Rolliecord Vb for $80, and Nikon FE2 for $80 because battery was dead and the guy didn't know better. Leica AF-C1 (Minolta) for $16. And so on.

Shooter
    35mm
    I once came upon two guys selling stuff on a blanket on the sidewalk. For $3.00 I picked up a baby Rollie. It worked perfectly and I even found 127 film for it. I later sold it for $125.00 to a dealer. He probably got 5 times that much for it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    Recently, about $55 for a non-AI 24mm f/2.8 Nikon lens, in it's bubble with dessicant, in its original box, unused AFAIK. Or a Polaroid 185 for $3. That was nice. A nice Rolliecord Vb for $80, and Nikon FE2 for $80 because battery was dead and the guy didn't know better. Leica AF-C1 (Minolta) for $16. And so on.

I need to move to your neighborhood!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    LOL I just stopped by a thrift store and they had a "CANON"..., one of the FAKE plastic holga-esque things with a viewfinder where the pentaprism should be.. for $150!!!

Then i picked up a Yashia T4 for $.74 (25% off 99 cents).

My story

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the group, so bear with me.
    In any event, I'd like to tell you about my analog-digital-back to analog conversion (I wish changing religions was that easy).
    I had quite a few analog (film) cameras over the years, rangefindrs, slr's, you name it. The best of the crop was - believe it - a Zenith, with a selenium-powered light meter (no batteries) and a decent Helios lens. I got that from a neighbour for $50.00 and I had it for close to 10 years.
    I went through the digital conversion slowly - first a 2.3 MP Fuji MX2900, an amazingly reliable and decent camera, then came a few hits and misses (bought one, returned it, bought another, returned it). Then I found an absolute delight of a camera, the Contax i4R, barely larger, than the old Minox spy camera, with a Zeiss Tessar lens and a 4MP sensor - takes fabulous pictures in the right environment. The real credit to this engineering marvel however goes to its construction - I left it once on my car's hood, fell off, hit the pavement, another car went over it. You think that was the end?Think again. It works like a charm, a couple of bruises here and there, but the innards are find.
    I eventually talked myself into a digital SLR as well (a Christmas present for myself), a Sigma SD14, but it went back too - way too big and bulky.
    So, I was on a hiatus of sorts, when I linked up with a fellow in Belgium (I'm in Canada) who suggested that instead of chasing after the fast-obsolete latest digicam, why don't I invest in a film scanner. Huh?
    Now the bug was in my ear and after having spent some time studying the subject, I decided that I'm going back to film. Shoot a roll, get the negative developed, then scan the strips and work with the image. My first test scan came out so good - I put it up on my PC as a desktop.
    It IS the real thing - after all, with 4800x9600 resolution, I'm getting a digital image, equivalent to 42 MP (give and take).
    Nothing comes even close.
    Being a fan of Zeiss lenses, I then started to chase after a couple of Contax bodies and now have 2 - a 137MA with a built-in winder and my latest acquisition, a fabulously simple, all-mechanical S2. The lenses: 1.7/50 Planar T* and 1.4/50 Planar T*. I'm eyeing an East German Zeiss Flektogon 2.4/35 wide angle.

And this is just the start.

Paul
    Toronto

ps I alsmost forgot: I also had a laser-drilled pinhole adapter custom-made that fits both my SLR's. Pinhole photography - as many of you probably know - is the latest craze.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zugspitze-scanned.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    brian d--where in Indiana are your flea markets? Mine is in Lafayette!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin