Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,853   Online: 850

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon 50mm enlarging lens, mint, $2.00.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I was looking for this thread the other day. Zenza Bronica S2 with a 150mm Zenzanon at a thrift store for $5 USD.
    Wow! That is a great find! Thrift stores are definitely another way to find great deals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I just bought an Omega Pro-Lab D6 enlarger that I found on Craigslist. It wasn't $5, but it also wasn't $500.00 (CDN).

With a full complement of lenses and a good complement of negative carriers and lensboards, plus both condenser and Ilfospeed Multigrade 400 heads, it was a lot less than buying through eBay, and infinitely less than buying a new D5 (which is quite similar, and still being manufactured) through B & H.

I also get the additional entertainment of comparing what I paid to what B & H and others want for new or even used versions of the equipment - don't you love a bargain .

Matt
    Good score Matt. I've been watching Vancouvers Craigslist carefully but I didn't need ANOTHER enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found a Pentax autofocus zoom 38-120 at a yard sale for $4. Inside the box was the original bill of sale for $269.95. I don't think it had ever been used. It works perfectly.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, last summer I got a box including a Contax RTSI with 35 and 50 Zeiss's, a Spotmatic SP with a 35/3.5, a first Canon F-1 with a FD 35-70 f4, plus some various Tamron, et al. zooms for some of the above and various cable releases, flashes, etc.

Also included a 65xxxxx Nikon F with a 5.8cm 1.4... That was so dusty and the prism and focus screen were cracked so I had about written it off as a decoration or parts camera... but in the last month or so, however, I've looked it over closer, cleaned it up a bit, and now find the 5.8 is about a 9 (the glass flawless) and the F needs a CLA and a new prism (already replaced the screen) to pe pretty good. I'm about to shoot a roll through it pretty soon, the prism (non-phototomic), while cracked and chipped, is usable in the meantime.

That whole lot was US$45, or maybe 40, I forget. Free, pretty much.

Robert J. Liebermann
    photos: http://rjl.us/photo
    Eureka Alaska/Vermillion Michigan USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Minolta Rangefinder model A1. Three bucks at a Salvation Army store. It was being used to prop open a cabinet door. The slow shutter speeds were a bit slow, but after some exercise they started behaving more normally.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can print your 35mm negs with this enlarger - it may be on the auction site, but the guy says he'll actually give it away if you come and pick it up.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170311839972

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The other stuff that comes with the enlarger would be nice, but the enlarger itself is more trouble than it's worth really. It uses additive color correction (Red Green Blue) rather than the more common subtractive system (Cyan Magenta Yellow). If I recall correctly, it uses 3 colored lamps and a bunch of electronics to accomplish this. They're rare, and it is likely difficult to source parts for it. No wonder he's willing to give it away.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have to stop reading this, as it is giving me a serious case of GAS
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    While it's not a "garage sale find", a couple weeks ago I bought an almost "like-new" Nikon F3HP and an almost "like new" Nikon MD-4 motordrive off of that "big auction site" for a total of $225, including Priority shipping (in two seperate purchases). I have seen just the F3HP body in the condition mine is, sell for over $250 (+ shipping) itself on that auction site.
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin