Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,256   Online: 1169

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    An 85 year old lady today sold me a ~1954 Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Beta with working light meter (w00t) and both wide angle and tele attachments, with original receipts, shutter regularly exercised, super clean. US $40 (equivalent).

Shooter
    35mm
    Here in the US, sellers at garage sales (and Craig's List) seem to have one of the following two mindsets about 35mm SLR cameras: They think they are completely worthless because they use film (which is dead), or they think they are worth the exact same amount of money that they originally paid for them 10-20 years ago.

Luckily, most people fall under the first category.
    You mean most people where you live fall under the first category. Around here they are all in the second.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

hoo-haa!

At denio's market i picked up a pentax me super 50mm f1.7 m and me winder for $25.

The camera had problems with the advance lever but after asking over on a repair forum I got the answer I needed. Was a pretty easy fix.

Now its working perfectly. The camera is sighly worn but it was mainly just dirty. The lens had a filter on it so the glass is perfect. And the winder works, but its not very impressive.

Wow I would have paid 25$ just for the winder alone on ebay, and I got the satisfaction of fixing a great little camera. What a deal!

Shooter
    Multi Format

828 film

I found this link that you might want to look at. Tells you how to re-spool 35mm for use in an 828 camera. Harder than 120 - 620 but doesn't look too bad.

http://www.daniel.mitchell.name/came...?page=spool828

Quote Originally Posted by billh101 View Post
    Last summer I found a beautiful Olympus OM1n w/ 50 1.8 for $20. It was super clean with a working battery. The lady said she had bought it in England. Also, I used to work at a camera store years ago when I was in college. An elderly lady came in one time and gave me a nice Kodak Bantam Special with the leather carrying case and strap. She said that she was going to a nursing home and had to get rid of it, and if something is special to you, you give it away, not sell it. She said that the camera went around the world with her twice in her younger years. I wish I could find film to take pictures with it, but it is a treasured part of my collection anyway. I'm still watching garage sales for a great Leica deal.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

828 film

Quote Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
    I found this link that you might want to look at. Tells you how to re-spool 35mm for use in an 828 camera. Harder than 120 - 620 but doesn't look too bad.

http://www.daniel.mitchell.name/came...?page=spool828
    Thanks! It looks like a lot of work for a roll of film, but I will have to find another 828 spool and try it sometime.

Bill

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I picked up a Minolta Maxxum 5 with 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 D lens with cap and hood today at a local flea market for $20 and a Minolta MD 70-210mm f/4 macro zoom for $10..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I picked up a Rollie Prego 70 for 10 bucks, had a little damage to the body, striped screw, fixed it with tape. Otherwise the camera look brand new, with box, users manuel, case, strap, etc. Half way through my first roll of film so I don't know if I wasted my money or not. The seller did throw in 20 sheets of 8x10 Ilford RC paper and a Marshalls oil pencil kit that hadn't sold on craigs list. Have a friend that can use the oil pencils and I can use the paper for WPPD. If the cameras good it's going in the truck for those time I don't have a real camera.

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    An Olympus XA4 at a car boot sale today for £0.50 which is about $0.80 US.

Seems to be fully working. I have just put a film in it and I'm going out with it now.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I once picked up a Yashica Mat 124 for $25. It was fully working.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    An Olympus XA4 at a car boot sale today for £0.50 which is about $0.80 US.

Seems to be fully working. I have just put a film in it and I'm going out with it now.

Steve.
    Steve, I'll pay you 10x the price for your XA4 (if it works). ;-)

My brother gave me his latest garage sale find for $20. A chrome Pentax Spotmatic F with a 50/1.4 SMC Takumar, a 135/3.5 Super-Takumar with the correct lens hood and a 28/2.8 Montgomery Ward Auto Wide lens. Also included was a nice quality and original Asahi Pentax Spotmatic Operating Manual (more like a nice booklet) and a Magic Lantern Guide for the Pentax classic cameras (K2, KM, KX, LX, M Series and Spotmatic Series. All in great condition. He paid $10 for it all.

Marc

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin