Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,783   Online: 1213

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    There are several things that could be going on. All of the above are good points but you have to remember that Red/Green/Blue all focus at different planes due to the way they interact with glass. Coatings are applied to correct for this, and bad, missing or improper (old) coatings don't do a very good job.
    PE

Coatings correct aberration??
    If I recall correctly the composition and structure of the glass in a lens i.e. aspheric/LD/ULD/CaF2 (fluorite) greatly reduces (but can never exliminate) colour aberration: the falling of R/G/B rays at different points; I don't know where coating comes into the formula. I agree the problem with red is more peculiar to the film emulsion than the optic; it never worked for me on Velvia, only Kodachrome 200.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 02-10-2009 at 07:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fish of the day;

Please consider that different films have different thicknesses.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin