Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,235   Online: 846

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They need an adapter, I made some from "dead" alkaline cells. Well drilling into one kills it rather quickly.

I can carefully put a 675 without an adapter in a Nikkormat and it seems to works fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

What wonderful cameras these are! I am a Canon FD guy primarily, but I have a Nikon F as well that I just love. It recently made the trip across country and was shot alongside several other FD bodies on the trip, and was one of my three main cameras the whole way, using the 135 3.5 lens. Mine has the T finder as well, though I never use it because it is an averaging meter, and I want to replace it with a plain prism.

I really like the 35mm f/2.0. Get a Nikon F lens (meaning non AI), and the price should be extremely reasonable. I would love to try the 28mm f/3.5 as well. I am spoiled by my Canon 28mm f/2.0, though.

As for batteries, as I have never really used the meter, I have not run into an issue yet, but if I do, I will probably do what I do for all other equipment that takes 625s: I will wrap a 675 1.4V alkaline in a washer.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 02-13-2009 at 10:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon F wide angle

Bought 2 F's in the late 60's and one of my first lenses was a 20mm. It's still my favorite!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    I have two 28/3.5 AI Nikkors which I use on AI and pre-AI cameras. The 28/2.8 AIS is supposed to be even better, especially for closer work but I find the f/3.5 lens to be excellent for distant subjects. if I need to get closer I'll use one of my 55mm Micro Nikkors. I use a 35/2 Nikkor O if the light is low. If the light is good I use a 35/2.8 'K' lens instead. I also have a 28mm f/2 Canon lens which I use with my FD cameras. It's the 28/2 FD SSC. If I need a little more speed in a 28 for my Nikon cameras I'll use a 28/2.5 Vivitar which I have in AI mount. The older 28/3.5 Nikkor H is also a nice lens. It just doesn't have as modern a coating as the AI.

Shooter
    35mm
    The original 50 f2 is a great lens. I was stupid enough to sell mine last year because of some dust in it.
    Otherwise the 35 f2 AI or AIS is excellent. I use it for virtually every subject, from portrait in situation, to landscape, street life, nature, etc, etc.
    I used a F in the 1980s but found it too heavy. Also the ergonomics at that time were not on the top list of camera makers. But definitely a good purchase. At 80$ it's an incredible deal. They sell for much more in Europe!
    :o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nicefor88 View Post
    Otherwise the 35 f2 AI or AIS is excellent. I use it for virtually every subject, from portrait in situation, to landscape, street life, nature, etc, etc.
    Indeed! Also, don't forget the lowly plain-ol'-F-mount Nikkor-O 35mm f/2.0!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin