Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,410   Online: 1039

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash bracket.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Flash bracket.

Is there such a thing as a "universal bracket"? Something I could use on both Nikon & Pentax slr's.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    Is there such a thing as a "universal bracket"? Something I could use on both Nikon & Pentax slr's.
    How about this?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HAMA-Folding-F...em130279938790
    You would of course need an adapter for the electrical connection from the flash gun to the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    please clarify - I use a metz 60 , and an old braun 'potato masher ' flash on camera. Both have a plate that will attache to any camera. Shorter plates were made for meduim format cameras.

Do you mean brackets that allow you to rotate the body, and the flash stays directly above the lens regardless of H or V 35mm body orientation?
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stroboframe:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...arch&Q=*&bhs=t

I use one of these on my Canon and it works fine.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Various frames that will work with a shoe mount flash and flip the flash for horizontal and vertical image. Screws into tripod socket. Many/most adjust to allow flash to be directly above the lens regardless of camera dimensions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Mike;

Look also at Custom Brackets. Their rotating camera bracket is very nice. Mine are used with both my film cameras and also my digital cameras.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Agree on Custom Brackets. The quality of the machining and rotating mechanism (roller bearings) is high, and the bracket is designed to sit on a flat surface when not in use, unlike many others that tend to fall over.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you're trying not to spend all the $$$ you've got try Porters for a simple "L" bracket with accessory shoe on the handle. They used to be in the $10 range, at today's prices I've no idea.
    Take a look at the auction site for giggles.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by j*n*r View Post
    Agree on Custom Brackets. The quality of the machining and rotating mechanism (roller bearings) is high, and the bracket is designed to sit on a flat surface when not in use, unlike many others that tend to fall over.
    Do they have a website? If the brackets are that good, I might want to have a look.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Newton Brackets are great. Use one with my Bronica 645 and 45/60 CT Metz flash. Sold by BH Photo

http://www.newtoncamerabrackets.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin