Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,006   Posts: 1,633,588   Online: 1071
      
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 117

Thread: Camera Bling!?

  1. #91

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,879
    How about a Compass on a chain around your neck?

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    886
    I was with my son at the NY Botanical Gardens for the winter train show. My camera was a Canon F-1 with a 35/2 FD SSC (concave front element) and a Vivitar flash. I was feeling pretty good about myseld and then a well dressed gentleman walked into one of the rooms with a Voigtlander with the front barn doors, in mint condition. I know my Canon F-1 was a far more flexible shooting tool but when the owner of the Voigtlander saw the look on my face he knew he had the more impressive camera bling.

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    How about a Compass on a chain around your neck?
    I've already got one of those...that's why I figured I would need the help of Mr. T.

  4. #94
    fstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    Ultimate bling? A gold-plated Technika IV, hand-carried by Mr. T.
    Gold Plated Nikon FA Grand Prix.

    Did you know Mr T's first name was Lipton?

  5. #95
    spacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    215
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    I was with my son at the NY Botanical Gardens for the winter train show. My camera was a Canon F-1 with a 35/2 FD SSC (concave front element) and a Vivitar flash. I was feeling pretty good about myseld and then a well dressed gentleman walked into one of the rooms with a Voigtlander with the front barn doors, in mint condition. I know my Canon F-1 was a far more flexible shooting tool but when the owner of the Voigtlander saw the look on my face he knew he had the more impressive camera bling.

    You got SERVED!

  6. #96
    fstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by spacer View Post
    You got SERVED!
    Thats why I got rid of my Voightlanders,they were somewhat obscure for a while but once the great unwashed recognized them and reacted to them it was time to move on. Its hard to submit images where everyone is staring.

  7. #97
    spacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    215
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    Thats why I got rid of my Voightlanders,they were somewhat obscure for a while but once the great unwashed recognized them and reacted to them it was time to move on. Its hard to submit images where everyone is staring.
    I can certainly see that. In order to get good photos of my daughter, I have to get sneaky. She loves to cheese it up for the camera.

  8. #98
    benjiboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    7,702
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    Gold Plated Nikon FA Grand Prix.

    Did you know Mr T's first name was Lipton?
    This Mr.Teas name was Lipton http://www.lipton.com/en_en/Lipton_history-0,68.aspx
    Ben

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    990
    How about a Baby Rollei or a Yashica 44? Those babies took 127 film and you could get super slides out of them. But I can't find any place that has the super slide mounts and they are out of my price range. Plus there's only one slide emulsion made in 127 now.

    ME Super

  10. #100

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    630
    Images
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by ME Super View Post
    How about a Baby Rollei or a Yashica 44? Those babies took 127 film and you could get super slides out of them. But I can't find any place that has the super slide mounts and they are out of my price range. Plus there's only one slide emulsion made in 127 now.

    ME Super
    You can convert the Yashica 44 to 35m film:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hans_ma...7619656265732/

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin