Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,125   Online: 924

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Camera Bling!?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    That sure is neat!

Jeff
    Wow, usually all they do on the "scameras" is to apply the Canon sticker. I had one years ago... came with a magazine subscription... thought I really had something until I took it to the camera shop... their laughter was memorable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ultimate bling? A gold-plated Technika IV, hand-carried by Mr. T.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about a Compass on a chain around your neck?

Shooter
    35mm
    I was with my son at the NY Botanical Gardens for the winter train show. My camera was a Canon F-1 with a 35/2 FD SSC (concave front element) and a Vivitar flash. I was feeling pretty good about myseld and then a well dressed gentleman walked into one of the rooms with a Voigtlander with the front barn doors, in mint condition. I know my Canon F-1 was a far more flexible shooting tool but when the owner of the Voigtlander saw the look on my face he knew he had the more impressive camera bling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    How about a Compass on a chain around your neck?
    I've already got one of those...that's why I figured I would need the help of Mr. T.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    Ultimate bling? A gold-plated Technika IV, hand-carried by Mr. T.
    Gold Plated Nikon FA Grand Prix.

Did you know Mr T's first name was Lipton?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    I was with my son at the NY Botanical Gardens for the winter train show. My camera was a Canon F-1 with a 35/2 FD SSC (concave front element) and a Vivitar flash. I was feeling pretty good about myseld and then a well dressed gentleman walked into one of the rooms with a Voigtlander with the front barn doors, in mint condition. I know my Canon F-1 was a far more flexible shooting tool but when the owner of the Voigtlander saw the look on my face he knew he had the more impressive camera bling.

You got SERVED!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by spacer View Post
    You got SERVED!
    Thats why I got rid of my Voightlanders,they were somewhat obscure for a while but once the great unwashed recognized them and reacted to them it was time to move on. Its hard to submit images where everyone is staring.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    Thats why I got rid of my Voightlanders,they were somewhat obscure for a while but once the great unwashed recognized them and reacted to them it was time to move on. Its hard to submit images where everyone is staring.
    I can certainly see that. In order to get good photos of my daughter, I have to get sneaky. She loves to cheese it up for the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fstop View Post
    Gold Plated Nikon FA Grand Prix.

Did you know Mr T's first name was Lipton?
    This Mr.Teas name was Lipton http://www.lipton.com/en_en/Lipton_history-0,68.aspx
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin