Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,180   Posts: 1,658,779   Online: 781

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Camera Bling!?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

canon 7 w/ 0.95 50
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    i put stickers on my cameras

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The original 1961 price for the Canon 50mm f/0.95 lens-only was (JPY) 57,000. Today that's equivalent to (JPY) 292,000, or (USD) 3,792.27.

Wonder what the actual going price for one of these is now?

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Graflex 4x5 SLR on a pimp neck strap with a back brace.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Aaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This thread is so phuqing boring - I joined APUG as I thought is was a forum for people working with silver based photography, not camera collectors and camera clubistes

Cameras are for the preparation of negatives for printing, not costume jewelery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Wha'dayahmean?? I would use a Canon 7 with the f/0.95 50mm for available light photography.
    Though the 0.95 is notorious for being incapable of delivering a sharp image at *any* aperture...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries

That does not matter

Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    Though the 0.95 is notorious for being incapable of delivering a sharp image at *any* aperture...
    That does not matter, if the thing is used full bore it's qualities become something beyond what we normally see

Anyway, I am just waiting for South Part to come on TV, so I will kiss you lot good night

XXXXX

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    Are you serious??
    Mine seriously rivals my 50 lux asph from f4. It's seriously sharp. I wasn't expecting that from this lens but there it is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It depends on the age group, and nerdiness (which can sidestep the age group estimations).

If your subject or conversationalist is an approaching elderly, they beam with respect and nostalgia to see someone using a speed graphic or rolleiflex. I've had lots of good conversations with people just because I was carrying or using such a camera.

If your audience is high schoolers or young adults, the manual 35mm slr is bling, because they know what it is, where the speed or rolleiflex is a little too obscure. a film camera is a step up academically and skillwise from normal digital camera tools. It demands some confidence and produces authenticity.

If your crowd is a large format gathering, bling is brass, fine wood, etc..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, I've got this figured out. We're missing one major bling factor: rims. With that in mind, if you want ultimate bling, complete the following steps.

1. Steal (for street cred) a high-altitude camera out of a U2 or a Blackbird, or something along those lines.
    2. Have half of it nickel plated, half of it gold plated, and have your name inlaid on it with diamonds.
    3. Steal (again, street cred) a late-model Caddy.
    4. Strap the pimped-out camera to the top, Blues Brothers-style. Use alligator skin straps.
    - and this is the important part -
    5. Set the Caddy up on 24's and hydraulics, because the hydraulics (are you ready for this?) will give you tilt and shift movements.
    6. Soak up the respect.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin