Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,455   Online: 992

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Camera Bling!?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    Though the 0.95 is notorious for being incapable of delivering a sharp image at *any* aperture...
    Now that I did not know! I will just have to be content with my Hasselblads and 4"x5" optics. At least I will not feel that I was missing out on something good.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries

That does not matter

Though the 0.95 is notorious for being incapable of delivering a sharp image at *any* aperture...
    That does not matter, if the thing is used full bore it's qualities become something beyond what we normally see

Anyway, I am just waiting for South Part to come on TV, so I will kiss you lot good night

XXXXX

Shooter
    35mm
    Are you serious??
    Mine seriously rivals my 50 lux asph from f4. It's seriously sharp. I wasn't expecting that from this lens but there it is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It depends on the age group, and nerdiness (which can sidestep the age group estimations).

If your subject or conversationalist is an approaching elderly, they beam with respect and nostalgia to see someone using a speed graphic or rolleiflex. I've had lots of good conversations with people just because I was carrying or using such a camera.

If your audience is high schoolers or young adults, the manual 35mm slr is bling, because they know what it is, where the speed or rolleiflex is a little too obscure. a film camera is a step up academically and skillwise from normal digital camera tools. It demands some confidence and produces authenticity.

If your crowd is a large format gathering, bling is brass, fine wood, etc..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, I've got this figured out. We're missing one major bling factor: rims. With that in mind, if you want ultimate bling, complete the following steps.

1. Steal (for street cred) a high-altitude camera out of a U2 or a Blackbird, or something along those lines.
    2. Have half of it nickel plated, half of it gold plated, and have your name inlaid on it with diamonds.
    3. Steal (again, street cred) a late-model Caddy.
    4. Strap the pimped-out camera to the top, Blues Brothers-style. Use alligator skin straps.
    - and this is the important part -
    5. Set the Caddy up on 24's and hydraulics, because the hydraulics (are you ready for this?) will give you tilt and shift movements.
    6. Soak up the respect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon 0.95 being soft at all apertures

Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Are you serious??
    Mine seriously rivals my 50 lux asph from f4. It's seriously sharp. I wasn't expecting that from this lens but there it is.
    I'd heard from more than one source that that lens was still fairly soft even at 5.6 and 8.0...
    If that's not the case, then I can only offer a "Mea culpa".
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    Okay, I've got this figured out. We're missing one major bling factor: rims. With that in mind, if you want ultimate bling, complete the following steps.

1. Steal (for street cred) a high-altitude camera out of a U2 or a Blackbird, or something along those lines.
    2. Have half of it nickel plated, half of it gold plated, and have your name inlaid on it with diamonds.
    3. Steal (again, street cred) a late-model Caddy.
    4. Strap the pimped-out camera to the top, Blues Brothers-style. Use alligator skin straps.
    - and this is the important part -
    5. Set the Caddy up on 24's and hydraulics, because the hydraulics (are you ready for this?) will give you tilt and shift movements.
    6. Soak up the respect.
    And wear an oversized analog lightmeter on a gold chain so people don't notice your pants are only half on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will stick with #1 and #2 rather than the suggestions of post #115 and wear my pants correctly in public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    1) Three Rolli's around your neck; each with a different focal length pair of lenses.
    2) A Speed or Crown Graphic with a large flash attachment and flash bulb. Fire the flash at people as the get out of a car or exit a building.
    3) An Ariflex movie camera with a three lens turret.
    4) A stereo camera.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    pft I'm cooler than all of you with my Kodak Instamatic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin