Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,455   Online: 992
      
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 123

Thread: Camera Bling!?

  1. #111
    Sirius Glass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    13,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    Though the 0.95 is notorious for being incapable of delivering a sharp image at *any* aperture...
    Now that I did not know! I will just have to be content with my Hasselblads and 4"x5" optics. At least I will not feel that I was missing out on something good.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

    I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

  2. #112
    John Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    521
    Blog Entries
    3

    That does not matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    Though the 0.95 is notorious for being incapable of delivering a sharp image at *any* aperture...
    That does not matter, if the thing is used full bore it's qualities become something beyond what we normally see

    Anyway, I am just waiting for South Part to come on TV, so I will kiss you lot good night

    XXXXX

  3. #113

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    Though the 0.95 is notorious for being incapable of delivering a sharp image at *any* aperture...
    Are you serious??
    Mine seriously rivals my 50 lux asph from f4. It's seriously sharp. I wasn't expecting that from this lens but there it is.

  4. #114
    jp498's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Owls Head ME
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,467
    Images
    74
    It depends on the age group, and nerdiness (which can sidestep the age group estimations).

    If your subject or conversationalist is an approaching elderly, they beam with respect and nostalgia to see someone using a speed graphic or rolleiflex. I've had lots of good conversations with people just because I was carrying or using such a camera.

    If your audience is high schoolers or young adults, the manual 35mm slr is bling, because they know what it is, where the speed or rolleiflex is a little too obscure. a film camera is a step up academically and skillwise from normal digital camera tools. It demands some confidence and produces authenticity.

    If your crowd is a large format gathering, bling is brass, fine wood, etc..

  5. #115

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    210
    Okay, I've got this figured out. We're missing one major bling factor: rims. With that in mind, if you want ultimate bling, complete the following steps.

    1. Steal (for street cred) a high-altitude camera out of a U2 or a Blackbird, or something along those lines.
    2. Have half of it nickel plated, half of it gold plated, and have your name inlaid on it with diamonds.
    3. Steal (again, street cred) a late-model Caddy.
    4. Strap the pimped-out camera to the top, Blues Brothers-style. Use alligator skin straps.
    - and this is the important part -
    5. Set the Caddy up on 24's and hydraulics, because the hydraulics (are you ready for this?) will give you tilt and shift movements.
    6. Soak up the respect.

  6. #116
    Rol_Lei Nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamburg
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,118
    Canon 0.95 being soft at all apertures

    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Are you serious??
    Mine seriously rivals my 50 lux asph from f4. It's seriously sharp. I wasn't expecting that from this lens but there it is.
    I'd heard from more than one source that that lens was still fairly soft even at 5.6 and 8.0...
    If that's not the case, then I can only offer a "Mea culpa".
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

  7. #117
    jp498's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Owls Head ME
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,467
    Images
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    Okay, I've got this figured out. We're missing one major bling factor: rims. With that in mind, if you want ultimate bling, complete the following steps.

    1. Steal (for street cred) a high-altitude camera out of a U2 or a Blackbird, or something along those lines.
    2. Have half of it nickel plated, half of it gold plated, and have your name inlaid on it with diamonds.
    3. Steal (again, street cred) a late-model Caddy.
    4. Strap the pimped-out camera to the top, Blues Brothers-style. Use alligator skin straps.
    - and this is the important part -
    5. Set the Caddy up on 24's and hydraulics, because the hydraulics (are you ready for this?) will give you tilt and shift movements.
    6. Soak up the respect.
    And wear an oversized analog lightmeter on a gold chain so people don't notice your pants are only half on.

  8. #118
    Sirius Glass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    13,093
    I will stick with #1 and #2 rather than the suggestions of post #115 and wear my pants correctly in public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    1) Three Rolli's around your neck; each with a different focal length pair of lenses.
    2) A Speed or Crown Graphic with a large flash attachment and flash bulb. Fire the flash at people as the get out of a car or exit a building.
    3) An Ariflex movie camera with a three lens turret.
    4) A stereo camera.

    Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

    I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

  9. #119
    fstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    690
    pft I'm cooler than all of you with my Kodak Instamatic.

  10. #120
    spacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    195
    Images
    3



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin