Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,060   Online: 880

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera Bling!?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    So that's what the Sports Finder looks like? To me that looks more like a right-angle finder attachment.
    It rotates so that the viewfinder can either serve as a right angle finder or an elevated finder in the normal orientation. The old F-1 version (which I have) did the same thing.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For max bling effect, a fake gold leica with purple snakeskin cover. What else?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by archphoto View Post
    I never would, it is an instrument to me so I can express my self.

Peter
    I could not agree more!!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For the tacky but extremely expensive bling look I'll second the Argus C-33 with the chrome gold plated and the leather replaced with something ridiculous like hammered platinum. And the window in the light meter would have to be rebuilt with small diamonds.

On a smaller budget maybe one of these: http://www.merrillphoto.com/galacoll...launivexa1.jpg

But the camera I carry that starts the most conversations is the Speed Graphic. Even met one girlfriend through my 2x3 Speed.

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    I never consider a camera as a fashion accessory, well, but I do admit that I jumped at the chance to pick up a black QL17 GIII a while back, and I do think it looks cool to carry around.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I could not agree more!!
    I'm with you on this - however, if I was *forced* to pick a really bling camera, it would be something ridiculous like a gold Nikon FA... with matching gold 50mm f/1.4.

But I wouldn't do it ... it's just tacky.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The brick or- an Argus C3. Nice and shiny.
    I will NEVER stop developing...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    For the tacky but extremely expensive bling look I'll second the Argus C-33 with the chrome gold plated and the leather replaced with something ridiculous like hammered platinum. And the window in the light meter would have to be rebuilt with small diamonds.

On a smaller budget maybe one of these: http://www.merrillphoto.com/galacoll...launivexa1.jpg

But the camera I carry that starts the most conversations is the Speed Graphic. Even met one girlfriend through my 2x3 Speed.
    LOL! The diamonds would be a special touch! If I can ever find another...
    I've never hung my Speed Graphic from my neck...good idea

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    So that's what the Sports Finder looks like? To me that looks more like a right-angle finder attachment.
    Well that's the beauty of it, it is a right angle finder that you can also turn so it transforms into a normal finder with very high minimum viewing distance. I really want one because I keep doing these tripod shots were the camera is like 1 foot off the ground, and it's very hard to focus a camera in that kind of position.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    1)
    2) A Speed or Crown Graphic with a large flash attachment and flash bulb. Fire the flash at people as the get out of a car or exit a building.

winning combo
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin