Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,988   Online: 780

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera Bling!?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What the hell is a "Bling?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by archphoto View Post
    I never would, it is an instrument to me so I can express my self.

Peter

Why are people taking this so seriously.... it's obvious that no one actually would do this.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson View Post
    What the hell is a "Bling?"
    Isn't Bling a type of cherry???

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Apconan: yes there are !
    Like the people that get busy with their Holga's and so on.
    People that love their goldplated with exquisite leather covered camera......

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would say that a Tachihara 8x10 camera makes for some serious photo bling. And in this case, yes it certainly is some sort of Cherry(wood).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tachihara8x10.jpg  
    Last edited by dougjgreen; 06-06-2009 at 06:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As bling generally refers to something attention-grabbing, usually shiny, pointless and tacky, I recokon the new "white" limited edition Leica M8.2 fits the bill perfectly. I'm not taking a pop at the camera as it produces superb results. However, it beggars belief that Leica should want to put out a brilliant white metal body, covered in white leather which, with a chrome 28mm / f2.8 elmarit will retail in the UK at £5,990 ($9,600 US)

If I had to vote for a strictly analogue camera, I'd go for the gold-plated Hasselblad I saw in a camera shop in London. Awesome camera but it might as well have a six foot neon sign attached which flashes a sign saying "the owner of this camera is a total arse" as I could not imagine ever wanting to own such an overt piece of tastelessness.
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    @dougjgreen: a camera like your Tachihara in natural wood and copper is not BLING: it is just beautifull, like more wooden camera's....
    I love them, had a Wista and now I have a Shen Hao and a full plate tailbaord, the last one to be restored.

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cross-posted image from a thread I started about using a pistol grip on an rb67~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosaiya View Post
    Can you? Yes.

Should you? Hmmm...

There's also the golden "50th anniversary" rb67 that floats around ebay for $3,000. (I assume its fake.)

There's also the lizard skin one, which I think is actually legit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    An early Fed with green mold growing at the edges of the fake leather covering, --- and/or --- the shrunken heads of 10 of the most obnoxious camera collectors who believe that great cameras are best collecting dust locked away instead of in the hands of those who can create something wonderful with them.

Shooter
    35mm
    All those gold edition cameras such as Nikons and Leicas look pretty bling to me. With their golden matching lenses they're just too ugly and ridiculous... but if one wants to show off and attract the crowd's attention (and the real photographers' giggles), then they're just the right choice.

Would a sensible photographer ever take a picture with these?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin