Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,212   Online: 861

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    http://www.wapitistraps.com/

Made in Montana.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    For my Oly's the ones that came with them, aprox. 4cm wide, B&W
    For my "new" RB I have to buy one yet, thinking of: www.optechusa.com for it.
    For my SL 66 I don't use one, I have the grip and that works for me
    For my Rolleiflex 2.8F I need to get a new one too: the old leather one broke in several places, kept the att. though
    and a P2 with a neck-strap ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use barb-wire! Makes me feel like a real man!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Domke Gripper on smaller cameras such as Leicas and it's great, doesn't slip on my shoulder and I can wrap it around my hand to hold the camera securely in one hand. For larger, heavier cameras you can't beat the UpStrap.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like to use a leather shoe lace for the strap on my Ricoh 35ZF because it's so cheap, and it doesn't cut into my neck because the camera is so light.

I must try Jeff's idea for using a barbed wire camera strap, but I have one question. Do you have to buy a whole roll of barbed wire just to cut a short strap, or will the farmer supply store sell you a short length?

Most of my cameras use a plain old Canon strap, which is just fine with me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have Op/Tech Super Classic straps on three of my cameras, and am very happy with them. But I don't pretend to know how other straps compare, since I haven't had the chance to try them.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by alanrockwood View Post
    I must try Jeff's idea for using a barbed wire camera strap, but I have one question. Do you have to buy a whole roll of barbed wire just to cut a short strap, or will the farmer supply store sell you a short length?
    I just drive down the back roads 'til I find a hunk hanging loose on a fence and liberate it, If it's not loose I just cut a hunk out of the fence. The farmer must not need it if he leaves it out in the middle of no where like that.
    I also wear shirts made from dog hair so they itch & stink. Ain't nothin' like wet dog hair.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have Gordy's wrist straps on my two cameras. I chose these because I walk around with my camera in my hand and I find the neck straps a bit bulky when they're wrapped around the wrist. I carry a lightweight setup: FM2 + 1 lens.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My favorite straps for my 35mm RF/SLR cameras are some straps akin to the Y-strap or Leicagoodies STRAP that I made myself. At least for the wide to standard lenses that I tend to use these days, I really love this strap style.

It's worth noting that some strap styles work better for some shooting styles. I like the y-style straps for one-body opportunistic/street shooting. OTOH, I've heard folks highly recommend the previously mentioned UpStrap, because it "holds on" very well -- it can rest securely on one shoulder without that annoying slipping-off, shoulder-hunched feeling. Very useful when using multiple bodies or in other "dynamic" shooting situations where the camera moves around alot.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The UpStrap does it for me and my F5 and my D200. Wonderful straps.
    Beginner

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin