Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,705   Online: 739

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favorite straps were a wide blue on black Minolta strap, a narrow Nikon strap with a wide strap for around the neck, a wide Tamron strap, a wide Hasselblad strap and a narrow Hasselblad strap.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    I got an upstrap when I switched from Nikon to Canon, and I love it. Kevlar is, quite simply, awesome.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    My favorite strap for a long time has been the Tamrac N-45. This is the one with a suede-like neck pad and ballistic nylon and plastic quick-release clips. I find it's very comfortable worn to the side, either over my left shoulder or around my neck and right shoulder so that the camera hangs low on my left hip where it's out of my way but I can reach it...
    I use the same strap, but I have zip-tied the "quick release" buckles together as I don't trust 'em with my (heavy) Nikon F3HP with MD4 motordrive and zoom lens.
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Can't say I have much of an opinion on lens straps, can't say I care for the really thin ones, I tend to use straps about an inch wide, depends on the size of the camera, on my Bronica I have an elasticated one!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A thick, 1.5 cm wide worn black leather strap with matching worn black 35 mm SLR.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The UP Strap is the only way to go.............

I have tried many different versions of the OP-Tech variety, but not one keeps the camera on my shoulder like the UP Strap.

Note: This applies to 35mm/DSLR only. I rarely use a strap with the Hasselblad, but their wide strap is the one I like best.

Ron
    Last edited by hassyfan; 08-29-2009 at 06:16 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Clarity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Straps tend to annoy me so I don't use one..... but when I did, my favorite was a Gibson guitar strap :-))

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like old style and leather:

Luigi Crenscenzi handmade
    Andy
    Per Mare, Per Terram
    Filmus Monochromus | Project Double-X | Daily Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Hasselblad one, genuine leather, well made and finished...

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikon AH-4 hand strap

My F100 and D200 both have Nikon AH-4 hand straps, which slip on like a glove. Highly adjustable, fast to use, very secure, and much less noticeable in a crowd. You can relax your hand and let your wrist take the weight while carrying, avoiding tiring and finger cramps. Allows quick reaction and complete freedom of movement while framing and shooting. They are the only really high quality hand straps I've found, and I wasted money on several cheaper versions before I finally paid $65 each for a pair of these from a Hong Kong dealer. Expensive and hard to find, and worth every penny.

For rangefinders and lighter cameras I use various permanently-installed (not snap-together) neck straps, which are fine when around your neck, but don't ever carry a camera around in your hand with the neck strap dangling from it. The strap is positively guaranteed to catch on something as you pass by, snatching it instantly from your relaxed grip. My wallet and I learned that lesson the hard way a long time ago.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin