Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,019   Online: 785

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Your favorite camera strap?

So, what is it? I ask because I'm curious, and I want a new one. I have a decent Tamrack neck strap that I use as a shoulder strap, but I'm tired of it sliding all over the place when I wear leather or something. I was thinking of an UpStrap, but I don't know. I just want something that I can sling on my shoulder that won't slide off.

So, what is your preferred strap? How do you "wear" it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have the Domke gripper strap. It works well on the shoulder without a backpack, but its a bit cumbersome with one. I would get the Gordys strap, but the Nikon F5 is too heavy for a thin strap.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have an UpStrap, and I like it. I can wear it over my shoulder or around my neck, and it stays put.

I don't like neoprene straps like OpTech--they bounce too much.

I generally like straps that are small and don't take up too much space in the case or get in the way when the camera is on a tripod. Often a simple 1/2" wide nylon webbing strap with a grippy fabric in the middle section is just right.

I had one of those Calumet air cushioned straps for a while on my 4x5" Technika--very comfortable for a big camera, but it failed after about a year. The neoprene separated from the neck pad, but fortunately the piping kept the camera from crashing to the ground. Now I write the date that I install a new strap on the Technika and replace it every year or two, and if the strap looks like it still has some life in it, I move it to another, smaller camera.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The ones that hold my cameras.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    My favorite is the Nikon AN-4B. It's simple, functional, and doesn't call attention to itself. I wear it around my neck. But I'm not sure that it's the best solution if your main concern is straps sliding off your shoulder - it's not super-grippy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I don't care which one I use.........but the one I hate is the bright red one with large "Canon" in white printed.........supplied with AE1 etc cameras at the time.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I also use the Nikon AN-4B when I want a neck strap. But a camera around my neck bangs into everything, and the strap always seems in the way unless I take it off my neck and wrap it around one hand.

So more and more I’m using a simple wrist strap. I use the lanyard for a whistle, like the ones you see a coach or referee use at basketball games. I cut the metal clip off, and loop the lanyard in choker style through one D-ring, then fix the other end choker style around my wrist. Even if I drop the camera, it only drops a few inches. Very simple, and certainly doesn’t draw attention.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My EOS 1N and RS, both heavy brutes, are fitted with a Domke Gripper, black in both instances.
    No slip, just grip. Imported from USA eBayer last July.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use OpTech straps I have them on all my cameras.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hauling multiple bodies all day around race tracks caused me to fall in love with the wide OpTech straps. They do a great job of distributing the weight and are plenty tough.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin