Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,726   Online: 847

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are in a Takumar mood, the one Takumar I dont have is the 120, somewhat rare but a nice fit between the 105 and 135.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Super-Takumar 35mm 2.0 (the later version) is a truly great lens. For longer lenser, you might look for the Jupiter-9 85mm 2.0 and perhaps Fujinon-T 100mm 2.8. I have been quite pleased with these myself.

The Super/SMC-Takumar 85mm is very expensive, but a Jupiter-9 in good shape can be just as useful.

Trond

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    the list is starting to grow.....grin. FWIW, just before christmas, i bought the zeiss af 85mm 1.4 and i've been wrapped with the results, it's a beauty. are there older manual versions of this one?

never heard of a 120mm, sounds like a bit of an oddity.

is there any difference between Super-Multi-Coated and SMC designations? same with takumar, super takumar and pentax? same glass, different names?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SMC + Super Multi Coated, the Super Takumars are coated, can't remember but I thing the Takumars didn't had fully auto irises for the aperture, the stopped down as you made the exposure the a lever opened it again. All my Takumars have been Super or SMC.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    In my collection i have 3 M42 lens which is Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4 and Super Takumar 135mm f/3.5 and Carl Zeiss Jenna Tessar 50mm f/2.8.
    Super Takumar is a single coated lens and SMC is a multi coated lens.
    Dyanx 9, Maxxum 7, SRT 101, Hi-Matic 7s, EE-Matic Deluxe New, Spotmatic, Praktica BX20.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had a manual click stop (not pre-set!) diaphram 100mm 2.8 Meyer Orestor a buddy bought in East Berlin with "smuggled" Ostmarks which, thereby, cost a princely 10 dollars at the time. I loved the lens, especially for portraits at f/4.0 (which precluded needing to stop it down before releasing the shutter); gave it to a friend when I acquired a "better" lens. She still has it and will not part with it. Drat! Auto versions now run over a hundred bucks used in Europe.
    I now have a pre-set Jupter 85 2.0, but have not yet used it. I have a TM Spotty and can also use it on my Nikon with an adapter.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    ok, now what's the story with these 'yellow' coated smc's... you know, the one's that glow in the dark.....or is that another urban myth....grin

w

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne naughton View Post
    ok, now what's the story with these 'yellow' coated smc's... you know, the one's that glow in the dark.....or is that another urban myth....grin
    Well, they don't actually glow in the dark but the Super-Takumar 35mm 2.0 and 50mm 1.4 do have radioactive lens elements. I believe it has to do with some of the minerals they used to create the glass in the rear elements in these two lenses.

The lenses will unfortnunatly turn yellow over time, but this is easily cured with strong UV light.

Trond

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I ocassionaly use a Pentacon 135mm f/2.8 on my Nikon body. A great and very sharp lens!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was very partial to the two 105mm f/2.8s that I had for a short while. I got them both for free and sold to raise money to invest in FD equipment. Very small, a nice FL, and good quality prints (I did only do 6x9s from those negs, however). As it turns out, I ended up with a Spotmatic body and a 50mm 1.4 and 35mm 3.5 (again for free). Now I wish I had kept one of the 105s.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin