Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,257   Online: 819

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yes, the Minolta CL uses the M-mount, and is actually the same camera as the Leica CL or whatever they call it. the "mini-leica". Get a M39-M mount adapter ($25-50) and you're golden.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    yes, the Minolta CL uses the M-mount, and is actually the same camera as the Leica CL or whatever they call it. the "mini-leica". Get a M39-M mount adapter ($25-50) and you're golden.
    ....and i'm bankrupt...grin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Carl Zeiss Jena 58mm. A great lens but when I put the Nikon to M42 mount on one of my nikon bodies it was extremely hard to get off. Ie the mount would not budge without considerable force. Any suggestions?
    I will NEVER stop developing...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Im this case, your ignorance is rather charming.

Leica Thread Mount is 39mm as opposed to the M42 series. Difference besides the thread itself is the mechanism of the lens. Rangefinders have a different way of telegraphing their focus.

And no, they are not interchangeable.

tim in san jose

Dear tim,

Thank you for taking the time to explain (as you can plainly see, I have no experience whatever of things Leica).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock Dektol View Post
    I have the Carl Zeiss Jena 58mm. A great lens but when I put the Nikon to M42 mount on one of my nikon bodies it was extremely hard to get off. Ie the mount would not budge without considerable force. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure which bit is "sticking", however the M42 to "whatever mount" adaptor has a retaining spring which you have to detent with a small screwdriver (or special tool) to release it from the camera body, or it won't budge.

Alternatively, some M42 lenses have a drop-down pin on the flange (which is used in open aperture metering on the bodies for which they were originally designed) which, when used with camera bodies of other brands, tends to drop into existing openings on the "foreign" camera's mount -for which it wasn't designed- often causing serious release problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the response. This lens is from 1950. So, the camera it was made for had no internal meter resulting in no pins or projections. The adapter I have is only a simple piece of metal. No springs... please see here for pictures or if you have further advice.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/5...n-trouble.html

Thanks alot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That adaptor is very similar to the one I use for M42-Canon EOS, simple but effective, but unlike my M42-PK(M) adaptor there's no looking tab.

You just have to use brute force to remove them which is not as severe as it sounds.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ian, Thanks for the response. This adapter has a hole where the lens "fixation" pin pops through when fully on the camera body mount. I am having problems getting it to that point. Should I just really force it? I would really rather not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No definitely don't force it on. I guess it's like mine made in a back-street machine shop in Hong Kong or China & the tolerances aren't that good. Mine goes on fully and the pin locks. The problem is getting it off as there's nothing to grip, that's quite different.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    The Minolta's Is the CLE and uses an electronically controlled shutter.
    The CL is Mechanical.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin