Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,443   Online: 855

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Look for the Pentax 120 mm f 2.8 S.M.C.T. lens.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne naughton View Post
    i'm specifically looking for portrait lenses, somewhere between 70 to 135. and a decent wide...don't really want to start collecting unless someone comes up with something too good to refuse...grin
    Look for the Pentax 120 mm f 2.8 S.M.C.T. lens.
    For it's day, it's very sharp, & still very small.

Not like the 135 & 150 mm which are not really better, but a lot heavier.

Besides think about telling people that you did this shot, with a 120.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    never heard of a 120mm, sounds like a bit of an oddity.

Pentex made 42mm lens from 35mm to 150, for the most part, in 15mm increments, although from some reason they jumped to 105 rather than 100: 35, 50, 85, 105, 120 135, and 150. The 120 is somewhat rare, the 150 is easy to find. I find the 150 to be a better fit than the 180, I have a sologair 180 in 42mm as well, fast but just close to a 200. I dont think the 120 and 150 were carried over in the K lineup.
    The 150 mm was not carried over, however the 120 mm was carried over in to the K lineup,
    but not for long.

Now that's rare !

Shooter
    Multi Format

Adapter for CAMERA with lens M39 Leica to M42 Zenit

Quote Originally Posted by Galah View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but is the Leica screw-mount compatible with the Asahi-Pentax M42 mount: are the lenses interchangeable?
    They certainly made an adapter for it, try this from eBay:

from Visit seller's Store: sovietmilitarystuff

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanishing Point Ent. View Post
    They certainly made an adapter for it, try this from eBay:

from Visit seller's Store: sovietmilitarystuff
    I'm coming in late here, but to clarify - just to be confusing "M39" was also a thread designation used by some Soviet-era SLRs, specifically some Zenits. Despite what the sellers say, the M39 lens to M42 camera adapter listed on eBay is actually intended for the Zenit-mount M39 lenses so that they can mount on an M42 camera and focus properly. Although the thread diameter is the same as Leica screw-mount, if you try an LTM lens on an SLR you will only be able to get macro focussing with it due to the flange-to-film distance being different on a Leica (as with all rangefinders) than an SLR due to the SLR's mirror.

That said, I've noticed sometimes the Zenit M39 version of a Soviet lens is cheaper than its M42 version, so if that's the case for the lens you're looking for, and it's a manual lens anyway, if you have this adapter it might be worth your while.

Back to the main topic, my personal favourite M42 lens is the already-mentioned Jupiter-9 (85/2). The Takumar 35 is also quite good when I'm in the mood for something wider.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the Super Takumar 105MM lens. It's just awesome and I'd highly suggest you get your hands on one if you can find one that's affordable. It's a beautiful lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have discovered one of my M-42 lenses ....Super-Takumar 1:1.4/50... On my Canon FT b Gives outstanding clarity with a beautiful bokeh. I just posted a few on my Flickr photo page that is in my signature. I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Nice small lens and built very solid. I will be looking for more Taks in the future

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In the universal range, Tamron SP and Tokina SL are both very good. But if you want the maximum, Pentax SMC Takumar and/or Carl Zeiss Jena for Praktica are the best choice.
    Ciao.
    Vincenzo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One lens to look out for is the outstanding Ultra Unitor Hi-D 135 1.8 with the 82mm filter diameter - this was also sold under the Weltblick brand. It's a huge piece of glass and makes an amazing portrait lens. I had a couple and now only have the one left which has a small patch of oil inside the rear element - I still can't work out how to disassemble it to clean this. They do pop up on ebay occasionally and I've seen a mint one with hood, caps and hard case sell for nearly $600 thoough usually they go for about $250.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I havent seent too many comments on telephoto lenses >150mm..

i have a very nice Vivitar 200mm f3.5 that looks very nice on the glass, have yet to try it out.
    What others are good in this range?
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    what is peoples experience of Fujica Fujinon EBC lens range that came with the fujica slr bodies of 70's ... they have a range of M42 lens that are cheap.
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin