Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,925   Online: 871

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd say that setting the aperture ring at just a smidge down is very very easy, just a tiny twist. You can check it with the DOF button, yes even the F100 has it. Just press the button and turn while looking into the lens, and when you see the aperture blades just start to cover the edges then you have it. Just a dab will do ya, like Breelcreem! I've also modified several lenses with 1/3 stop clicks at my favorite/preferred settings.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I'm not the type to photograph lens charts or 'pixel peep' and to be honest, the examples of coma aberration that I've seen on the net have never seemed that bad. As an amateur with no photo editor breathing down my neck and no customers to satisfy, aberration seems to be a flaw worth accepting if the only chance of getting a shot is by shooting at f1.4.
    Maybe I've got a bad copy? At f1.4 mine is quite in high contrast areas, halos, extreme blue fringing.

In colour it's not that great, but should be perfectly fine in good B&W film like Tri-X, hp5 etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    The lens is fairly new to me and perhaps I've yet to encounter the sort of conditions that render these aberrations.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've just had a close look at my test roll. Please excuse the scan, but have a look at the two areas circled, is this an example of the halos you've noticed?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3308/...82dcc836_b.jpg

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hmm, I'd Love to see what you're talking about. I'll try one of mine and see if I can force the issue, the contrast in Hawaii is nearly as strong as Down Under. You may have to not use 1.4 in bright sunlight (joking).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Ok, tried it, 1.4 high contrast flower. Going to look at it closely, but quick look doesn't show it to be too severe. If you could give us a particular scenario/subject that we could try, that would help. Also, I'm not sure if I'm the only one to mention this but if the lens was not cleaned well or needs a cleaning then it could cause additional fringing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grev View Post
    Maybe I've got a bad copy? At f1.4 mine is quite in high contrast areas, halos, extreme blue fringing..
    "Quite" what?
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I've just had a close look at my test roll. Please excuse the scan, but have a look at the two areas circled, is this an example of the halos you've noticed?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3308/...82dcc836_b.jpg
    Those look like spots on the film, print, etc., not a lens issue.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    They could very well be spots on the film. It was developed on the high street and came back filthy!

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, not the example posted, perkeleellinen.

I will try and post some examples if I can find them.

I love the lens, it's sharp even wide open but just needs a bit of attention if you shoot at f1.4 exclusively, need f2 to shoot in all situations.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin