Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,763   Posts: 1,484,032   Online: 1267

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So what have i said about being the best or not?

Oh, i nearly forgot: .................

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not biting................
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about the guy who bought an F1 from the shop I worked at?
    The first roll of film was completely black. We checked out the camera & it did all the proper camera things, so we gave him another roll of film to shoot. He came back, we sent the film out & it returned the same as the first. Completely Black. Another roll, same story. Then someone wised up & had him shoot a roll and come in with the camera to show us how he unloaded it.
    The first thing he did was open the back of the camera so he could make sure the film was rewinding.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of the American consumer.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Has anyone considered using a larger frame and a mat board to fill the space between the edges of the frame and the edges or borders of the print? You can cut the opening in the mat board to just about any format you need within the limits of the frame holding all of this.

In this way would it not be possible to retain the format of the original print size, say a 10 by 14 in a 16 by 20 frame, and in this way meet the desire of the customer, provide a servce, and make a nice profit also? That last point is the main thing that distinguishes a "professional" from an "amateur." I have seen many "amateurs" whose technical skills and their people skills did exceed those of some of the "professionals" I have met.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Ralph Javins;760440]Good morning;

Has anyone considered using a larger frame and a mat board to fill the space between the edges of the frame and the edges or borders of the print? You can cut the opening in the mat board to just about any format you need within the limits of the frame holding all of this.
    It's hard to convey to you professionals and semi-professionals what her gripe was. She was interested only in an "actual" 8x10; it had to fit the frame given as a wedding present--she could not understand why if the head and shoes were in the picture on a 5x7, they could not be there on an "actual" 8x10. Not the same proportions on an 8x10 sheet of paper; not a matted print. It had to be a "real" 8x10.

If that cannot be made clear to you all, then my poor powers of explanation are too limited. Mea culpa!
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hear you John - been there myself. The whole idea here is that the customer required a filled 8x10 print which fit the frame she had already chosen. The dimensions from the neg she picked for this was inappropriate for that frame. She wasn't framing a picture - she was "picturing" a frame. Happens quite a lot. The reality is you cannot shoot every frame to suit all different aspect ratios - unless the subject is so small in the negative that you may as well shoot with 110.

With you John. I know i's early but I think it's time for a nice single malt!!
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    What about the guy who bought an F1 from the shop I worked at?
    The first roll of film was completely black. We checked out the camera & it did all the proper camera things, so we gave him another roll of film to shoot. He came back, we sent the film out & it returned the same as the first. Completely Black. Another roll, same story. Then someone wised up & had him shoot a roll and come in with the camera to show us how he unloaded it.
    The first thing he did was open the back of the camera so he could make sure the film was rewinding.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of the American consumer.
    I saw a customer do that with his Nikon F2.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin