Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,509   Posts: 1,543,563   Online: 1053

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Jdude View Post
    Those of us that still shoot B&J's, Deardorffs, SRT-101's, Super Ikontas, Mamiya M645's, and Kodak Panorams are having so much fun that we don't think about those expensive cameras.

What was that white lens, anyway? I have never seen a white lens before.

Smiff
    I'm not sure of the name myself. My friend had one very similar. Very large and clunky. Not very fast either. But was image stabilized I believe. Fun to play with. Not fun to hold!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    One of these with one of these.

And some dark skies to go with, please.

I mean, you did say price no object?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A dedicated darkroom, fully equipped, with colour processing equipment, and enough time to create the volume necessary to do it justice.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    oh wow...yeah, that would do for me...
    I'd get that red/gold Hasselblad too. There is one on fleabay right now...
    Gold Hasselblad
    They come up fairly often...world wide depression, gloom and doom, two wars, 12 trillion debt, social security impending meltdown...donnn't do it!

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    12x20 "lightweight" Wisner.

http://www.wisner.com/12x20p.htm

A friend bought one a couple years back, and it is just a mind blowing camera... Of course I would need a 1000 sheets of film. A larger darkroom and enough paper to practice.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    A fellow of my acquaintance bought a 5D last year, then a few months later a 1DS3, then a 5D2 a few months after that. He has now something like eight L-series lenses, and just bought a Gossen Starlite 2. In between, he's been pumping me for information about exposure control, how aperture affects the image, and so on. Top-o'-the-line cameras with white lenses are jewelry to some people. Oh, he's learning how to use it, but for him it's something to be seen with. :rolleyes:
    Is he a dentist or something?

Me? Oh, probably an F6, RZ67 Pro II, Mamiya 7, or whatever. :P

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    For me 'bling' would be an M7 with an f1.0 Noctilux. Yeah, it's hardly bling and probably no normal (non-camera loving people) would even take notice, but considering the price I'd kinda consider it bling. Although I'd carry it everywhere so I'm not really sure it counts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ouch, my back!

Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    A fellow of my acquaintance bought a 5D last year, then a few months later a 1DS3, then a 5D2 a few months after that. He has now something like eight L-series lenses, and just bought a Gossen Starlite 2. In between, he's been pumping me for information about exposure control, how aperture affects the image, and so on. Top-o'-the-line cameras with white lenses are jewelry to some people. Oh, he's learning how to use it, but for him it's something to be seen with. :rolleyes:
    Does he rent the sherpa who carries his gear on a day-to-day basis or does his manservant deign to carry it for him?
    For me, it'd be a Leica MP LHSA in hammertone lacquer in the set with a matching Summicron f/2.0 35 mm and Rapidwinder. I'd carry it myself in a dainty little Billingham bag ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Smiff
    It's a Canon 600mm. They actually have another even longer;

Canon's longest production telephoto lens (a 1200/5.6L is probably still available on special order at a price around $75,000!)
    :o
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format

Smiff
    They're a big hit with guys who always wanted a "Huge white thing".... ;-)

Also, it makes them more visible at the edge of sports events.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin