Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,220   Online: 857

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    For me 'bling' would be an M7 with an f1.0 Noctilux. Yeah, it's hardly bling and probably no normal (non-camera loving people) would even take notice, but considering the price I'd kinda consider it bling. Although I'd carry it everywhere so I'm not really sure it counts.
    Yep, this. But maybe an MP, instead of the M7...or one of those titanium M6's. No, one of those Ferrari M6's...
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    A dedicated darkroom, fully equipped, with colour processing equipment, and enough time to create the volume necessary to do it justice.

Matt
    Same for me. Goodbye expensive lab that makes prints digitally. Hello E6 & BW
    Plus a pair of rolleiflexes, a rolleiflex 2.8 Xenotar without meter, and a 4.0 FW. And at last, a tachihara 4x5 kit. with normal and wide lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    And some dark skies to go with, please.
    That is one sweet telescope! If I owned one I probably wouldn't find time to photograph with it as I'd simply be looking through it, especially if it did come with nice dark skies!

I mean, you did say price no object?
    Yes, price is no object, and the point is something worth the money. To me, that's the real way to show off anyway... if you must show off, have some class. i.e., I'd have the Aston-Martin DB-5, NOT the Lamborghini.
    Last edited by rthomas; 02-22-2009 at 08:25 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Probably the exceedingly rare Nikkor 1200-1700mm zoom... $75K in 2000, who knows how much it would be today. Either that, or the Reflex-Nikkor 2000mm.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/135/3.5-4.5 AIS, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    They're a big hit with guys who always wanted a "Huge white thing".... ;-)

Also, it makes them more visible at the edge of sports events.
    But does it help them get interest from the fairer sex? That's what I want to know. I keep hoping that my equipment will turn out to be a babe magnet, but apparently I'm using the wrong stuff.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    If I had to pick a bling lens for my Nikon, I'd go for the 6mm f/2.8. You didn't mount the lens on the camera, you mounted the camera on the lens!

Lenses of unusual size? I doubt they really exist.

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Lenses of unusual size? I doubt they really exist.
    Canon has a few telephoto lenses making use of diffractive optics. They're pretty compact considering their focal lengths.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by E76 View Post
    Canon has a few telephoto lenses making use of diffractive optics. They're pretty compact considering their focal lengths.
    I was just paraphrasing "The Princess Bride" in the hopes that a lens of unusual size might appear out of thin air...

Nevermind.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthman_1 View Post
    I'd get that red/gold Hasselblad too. There is one on fleabay right now...
    Gold Hasselblad
    They come up fairly often...world wide depression, gloom and doom, two wars, 12 trillion debt, social security impending meltdown...donnn't do it!
    Evil, evil, evil one!!!! Stepping away from the "bid now" button...
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Leica M7! I would't use it as bling. I think that it would be a great tool! I have read so much great stuff about them. They seem to put out some extremely sharp photos too.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin