Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,870   Posts: 1,583,307   Online: 1121

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

REAL Camera Bling!

This post was inspired by the "Camera Bling!?" thread from a few days ago. This time, the question is "What piece of serious, but mostly useless, and probably very expensive camera gear would you own, if money was no object? I'm not asking about things like gold-plated Nikon FA bodies, this is not about flashy stuff but serious tools that only a photographer would love.

Mine would be an underwater housing for, say, my F100. I don't dive, but it would be nice to have one. And I might even use it once or twice... My fiance would be very unhappy if I bought one (unless I was also buying SCUBA gear).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wouldn't mind trying this for a few hours.

WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A Linhoff Aero.....with some extra's.....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    I wouldn't mind trying this for a few hours.
    Wow.
    Last edited by rthomas; 02-21-2009 at 09:11 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Didn't mean to include the image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A fellow of my acquaintance bought a 5D last year, then a few months later a 1DS3, then a 5D2 a few months after that. He has now something like eight L-series lenses, and just bought a Gossen Starlite 2. In between, he's been pumping me for information about exposure control, how aperture affects the image, and so on. Top-o'-the-line cameras with white lenses are jewelry to some people. Oh, he's learning how to use it, but for him it's something to be seen with. :rolleyes:
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    "serious, but mostly useless, and probably very expensive camera gear"
    Canon 1Ds Mk. II or III
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    I remember a few evening students in my college photo classes in 1992... they always had the latest cameras and lenses. At the time I had a Nikon FG with a 50mm and a cheap crappy Soligor 200mm, and a Yashica 635 medium format camera, and these guys (mostly) were always saying "When are you going to switch to AF? and specifically the Nikon N90s or the Canon Elan IIe with eye control?" None of this mattered to me, we were in a black-and-white printing class not a camera competition.

Those are the people now using D like a drug, and giving me funny looks when I drag my RB67 down the street on my big ole' Bogen tripod. I guess the RB67 (WITH a lens hood and two cable releases, thanks very much) is MY camera bling!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd get this with all the gold lenses from 40mm-500mm, even though I don't think they exist.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Those of us that still shoot B&J's, Deardorffs, SRT-101's, Super Ikontas, Mamiya M645's, and Kodak Panorams are having so much fun that we don't think about those expensive cameras.

What was that white lens, anyway? I have never seen a white lens before.

Smiff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
    I'd get this with all the gold lenses from 40mm-500mm, even though I don't think they exist.

oh wow...yeah, that would do for me...
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin