Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,670   Posts: 1,481,781   Online: 1055

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want a real vacation Marco I would take just the XA, it has a sharp 35mm lens, rangefinder focusing, is capable of excellent results, will go in your pocket, and you don't have to worry about it getting stolen or lost.

P.S Especially for street photography and in public the XA it's perfect, it doesn't look too serius or professional to arouse peoples curiosity.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-15-2009 at 11:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Everytime I go on vacation to visit the parents I take a kit or two for some real AZ photography and then eventually come to realize my overpacking mistake and promise myself that next time it'll be different; It seldon is. This time I came with 2 bodies, an assortment of lenses and a flash that I'm still hoping to use more of. I think that may be a one day trip out in the country out of 11. Three weeks back I went with a friend on a 3 day trip to upstate Fla. and took another decent kit and wound up only shooting a Leica Minilux with b&w in it. So I've come to realize that unless I'm specifically going out to shoot alone quite often, there really is no reason to take anything beyond a p&s or a single body and short zoom. My picks now are one P&S with wide lens and another small camera for color. Gone are the days of believing that I'll be on Photo Safari garnering the perfect stock photo collection when visiting people.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I guess it depends on the pace you keep. I carry a 7x17 on a big Ries tripod. My wife carries water colors and an easel.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    I'm going on vacation in the summer, and I'm considering what camera to bring.
    Either Nikon System or Olympus:....What do you guys think?
    How about you get an Olympus Trip 35 (the name says it all!)

Check this link:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum65/6...5-samples.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Galah View Post
    How about you get an Olympus Trip 35 (the name says it all!)

Check this link:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum65/6...5-samples.html
    Because Marco already has an XA which is a much better compact with a superb 6 element Zuiko lens , rangefinder focusing, and clamshell construction.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's easy....bring both. The XA is the smallest, quietest camera around and is perfect for a lot of situations. The Nikon will simply be more satisfying to use. Leave the extra pair of socks and underwear at home if you run out of room (:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    One more thing....I'd much rather bring the XA than the Nikon flash and they are about the same size.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin