Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,597   Online: 1183

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    A 1958 Leidolf Wetzlar Unimark II for $15 at an antique store. It's a pain finding any information on this camera, apparently it isn't very common.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Some time ago... at a yard sale:
    An Agfa Silette, non-RF, non meter, "zone focuser". Shutter works well after some exercise. Came complete with leather case (a diaster - I had to CARVE it off!), and an Alden 74 Bulk Loader containing a length of PlusX.

Total cost: $US 1.00.

ONE Dollar.
    Last edited by Ed Sukach; 03-05-2009 at 03:20 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spel errer.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a Kodak 35 at a garage sale not long ago. (Same place I bought the Yashica D from). It was only $10 and still works but I plan to put it in my collection rather than using it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I'll participate, but only if you (the moderators) hear my plea!

The thread title should read: "My most recent 35mm film (not SLR) camera purchase". Otherwise, the correct answer is something like "11:54 p.m."

Matt

P.S. If you could fix the title to the "latest" SLR thread too, I would be doubly greatful
    I thought this was referring to the film itself for the longest time.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a bunch of cameras today and included in the lot was a little Minox 35 GT with a 35mm 2,8 lens.

Since this camera does not fit in the SLR or Rangefinder category I figured I would revive this old thread. I had heard about this camera through the web but never thought that I would come across one especially in such good condition. The young man I bought it from had originally posted another camera on CL. I ended up buying not only that camera but also the Minox, two Konicas and several lenses and an 8mm movie camera. I had a busy day and I can't wait to put some film in this little gem and see if it lives up to it's reputation.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Those 35mm Minox cameras are tack sharp. The company bought Leica glass and did their own lens making. They knew how to grind a lens. Before knowing it was Lieca glass, I used to remark how close my Leica and Minox looked in results when shooting comparitives. It was especially noticable with transparencies. In competition, those who could tell a Leica made slide kept mistaking the Minox for a Leica. Yes, old timers could tell the difference and wereright as to being Leica (or Minox) about85+% of the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm still trying to get it to work as they don't make the PX27 battery any more. It came with four LR44 batteries installed but I have not been able to get it to work consistently. I made a cardboard tube to hold the batteries together but it still isn't working and yes they are showing consistent voltage when I test them. I am going to buy some fresh ones today to see if that will help as I am wanting to try this camera out.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Contax with a Sonnar 1.1.5 ans a 135 for contax rangefinder
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    bought an Olympus XA at a yard sale for US$2.50.... didnt work. risked $2 on 2 a76 batts, still no work... then I slackened all the visible screws without taking the case off.... and click!, wind, Click!..... rangefinder and exposure meter dead on!!!!!

I really appreciate the mechanical craftsmanship of the cameras from 1929 to 1984. When the polycarbonate bodies came in, I lost interest (mostly... the XA is fine).

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Minox made an adaptor for the non-ML models to hold the LR44 batteries. It may still be available from Minox part deptartment as I assume it was eventually included in all models produced until a few years ago when they dropped the models. The non-ML series did not have the shutter problems of the ML series and reported to be quite reliable. I had an ML including all the accessories but finally gave up on it after the replacement shutter went south and I was not about to bite the bullet for a second repair that sost almost as much as the camera cost new. It is the one camera I do miss as I could have easily have lived with it as a main camera and sold off everything as I got older.m

Latest non-SLR 35mm purchase was earlier this year. A thrift store Canon AF35M. Have just finished the first roll through it so do not know how well it is working but, to date as a camera, it is noisier than my Bronica with the auto wind and rewind/ Hopefully the lens is as good as they say so I feel justified in using it. I do not like the lack of a meter lock, same issue as the non-ML series Minox cameras and the pre-focus system is not just unusual but, as weird as it gets.
    Last edited by BrianL; 07-10-2011 at 09:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin