Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,924   Posts: 1,522,105   Online: 794

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

My latest 35mm film (not SLR) camera purchase

Hi all,

I know there is already a "latest SLR" purchase thread.

Well, this is a latest 35mm (non-SLR) thread.

OK, today, I risked Aus$4-00 and lashed out on a "Polaroid PZ 3000 AFD" (a plastic fantastic), at a charity shop, apparently in very good aesthetic and "mechanical" condition , with an original little velcro bag and lanyard, and a fuctioning battery (due date of 2014!:o). Only time will tell if it actually functions or whether I "blew" my $4-00 (like I once did on a Pentax MZ50, recently !)

I can't seem to find any web references to this item (except for a few trying to sell if for more than Aus$4-00 )

So, has anyone heard of it and, if so, can anyone make some comments or observations about it? (Please)

Shooter
    35mm
    Well my most recent purchases at a thrift store are an Olympus stylus epic with the 35mm f2.8 for $2.50. Waiting for the batteries to arrive. An Olympus Ace E with the 45mm F2.8 for $20, waiting to get the first film back. I also picked up an Olympus XA2 with the A11 flash for $4.50. Finally I picked up a Durst M601 enlarger with the color head for $15. Whenever I visit my daughter I make the rounds of the thrift stores in the area. Yesterday I saw a Canon EOS 2A, body only for $10, was tempted but resisted. Here in my area I not found anything in the thrift stores worth buying.

Shooter
    35mm
    My last two purchases have been Konica Hexars AF One in black w/stealth mode and one in silver without stealth mode. I love this camera, especially for street photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    non-slr purchase was a Canonet GIII QL17 for $2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nikon 35ti for $125.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought a back-up Olympus XA some 15-20 years ago. Never needed it, since my original wouldn't stop working.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Oh, boy. This one is a little embarrassing. Around a month ago, I bought a Zorki 4K rangefinder with a Jupiter-8 50mm f 2.0 lens from a fellow through the APUG classified ads.

I actually had it at home and I was testing the shutter speeds on the camera tester. (Yes, the speeds did wander a bit.) I was nearly finished when the dreaded Russian Camera Shutter Lock-up happened. I am still not sure how I did this. Another knowledgeable fellow in such matters has suggested a procedure to try before I begin to dismantle the camera. When a quantity of spare time arises, I will try his procedure.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll participate, but only if you (the moderators) hear my plea!

The thread title should read: "My most recent 35mm film (not SLR) camera purchase". Otherwise, the correct answer is something like "11:54 p.m."

Now that the pedantry is aside, my most recent purchases were ones that I gave as gifts. A nice Canon Sure Shot for my Dad, who is having trouble with seeing the focus aid in his Retina IIIc, and for my wife, a tiny little AF Yashica P & S with a zoom lens that has 28mm at the wide end (that one is always in danger of being borrowed by yours truly).

Both of these gifts were bought new, from a store that bought up the stock of another store that went under. They were both just $29.99 CDN.

The most recent 35mm film (not SLR) camera purchased by me, for me? The Retinette 1b you see in my avatar.

Matt

P.S. If you could fix the title to the "latest" SLR thread too, I would be doubly greatful
    Last edited by MattKing; 02-23-2009 at 06:19 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: hoping for two birds with one post

Shooter
    35mm
    The Olympus Stylus Epic was a bust. Installed battery & film and it just wound the film to the end. Never did fire. It was only $2.50!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My most recent 35mm film (not SLR) camera purchase was a Nikon S2, from the mid '50s.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin