Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,442   Online: 1205

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Whats your favorite 'consumer' film?

I must say that I like Kodak Gold 200.

Whats do you like?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's a coincidence. That's my answer too. I was thinking Gold 200 as I was opening this thread (and before I saw your post).

I don't do much colour but it did use some Gold 200 a few months ago just to test a camera. I was pleasantly surprised with the results (in my gallery).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Fujicolor Superia XTRA 400. Tight grain for a 400 ISO film, good color rendition, and saturation level. Not Velvia super-saturated colors, but very life-like, in my experience, at least, in daylight. Indoors, with tungsten light, it can go greenish yellow.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    I prefer the various Fuji color negative films. They seem to work best for me.

Kodak Gold 200 is a close second if I can't get Fuji.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak Extachrome 100 and 200, but now mesing with black and white so looking to find what I like.

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak Gold 200 or 100. Both are just fine. The equivalent Superia is not bad either, but Gold is my preference, based on the color palette. IMHO Superia is a bit colder and gives somewhat strange greens, while Gold gives warmish/neutral tones. Of course, my observations are based on prints I get from minilabs, but given the big sample from various labs that's probably true.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji Superia is great stuff. I do get it in the press package, though, so it is *technically* a pro film that way, even though the emulsion is the same as the consumer stuff. My fave is the 800, because it covers almost any situation, and gives fast shutter speeds and wide depth of field. I also think it has very natural and pleasing color and contrast, whilst remaining sharp and free of obtrusive grain.

I imagine that Kodak's line is perfectly comparable.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 02-27-2009 at 08:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I general use Fuji Superia Xtra 400. It's cheap and it is available close by.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji Superia 200, with 100 and 400 a close second.

I find Superia to be the best colour negative film if it's printed on Fuji paper, which is what both labs I'm inclined to use happen to use. If the labs I use printed on Kodak paper, I might well prefer the Kodak Gold films.

It doesn't hurt that I can get the Superia films for less money though, which boggles the mind as one would think that shipping from Rochester, NY to Regina, SK would be cheaper than from Tokyo.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi,

I like Fujicolor Superia XTRA 400 but my normal stockist have run out so am going to try some Kodak Portra NC 400.

Thanks

Matt

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin