Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,954   Online: 926

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    I found the OM-10's metering rather sensitive to bright skies which is why I got the manual adaptor, to reduce the likelihood of under-exposure. The OM-2n seemed less sensitive so presumably has a more "centre-weighted" metering pattern.
    Yes, I noticed right away that (without EC) the OM10 appears to expose for colour negative film, whilst the OM2n appears to be geared up for colour transparency films. There's about a 1/2 to 2/3ev difference in their responses.

Thanks for your input.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ideally, you should be able to shoot slide film with both OM-2 and 10 and get near identical results. Unfortunately, the OM-10 tends to overexposure, especially on the first frame after the camera has sat for a while. This caused by oil on the magnet. John, servicing OM since 1977.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to interrupt but y'all seem interested in the OM10 and there's one on the South Bend, IN craigslist: http://southbend.craigslist.org/pho/1087178860.html

I don't know anything about Olympus SLR's but you're talking about them so... I have no idea who the seller is and no interest in the sale.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    If someone has a 10 that they have questions about or are trying to get to work, I'm happy to help. But if you are looking to buy and are deciding between a 1 and a 10 or a 2n and a 10, the 10 is always second best and IMO should be avoided if you're shooting important work. No offense to people who have them and love them, but I've found that the 10 is just not reliable enough. They are often found dirt cheap and there's a reason for that. John

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hermanson View Post
    If someone has a 10 that they have questions about or are trying to get to work, I'm happy to help. But if you are looking to buy and are deciding between a 1 and a 10 or a 2n and a 10, the 10 is always second best and IMO should be avoided if you're shooting important work. No offense to people who have them and love them, but I've found that the 10 is just not reliable enough. They are often found dirt cheap and there's a reason for that. John
    I'll second what John has said. I started out with an OM10 about 20 years ago when a local camera store had and annual sale of some kind and I asked them for a basic 35mm SLR that wasn't too expensive. I bought another one with some lenses I wanted a year or two after that. Around 2000 I discovered ebay. At the same time I decided that I wanted to up grade my camera and started to look at other brands. I made my mind up that I was going to stay with Olympus and in the next couple of years bought an OM 4, 2 OM 1's a OM2sp and an 2n.
    After buying the other cameras I haven't used my om10's at all and after setting a few years I don't expect them to work at all. Maybe I'll get them out this week and see. The two cameras I use all the time are the OM4 and my OM 1 that I had John do a CLA on. I it would be very hard for me to have to choose between the two.
    -Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hermanson View Post
    I think you will agree John, that if you are looking for an inexpensive OM body, an OM20 (OMG) is worth considering. I find it complements my OM1s and OM2s quite well.

Matt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin