Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,715   Online: 839

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I would not recommend the Olympus Mju II / Stylus epic, because it has IR autofocus no infinity focus lock. This makes shooting a landscape trough glass nearly impossible. The trick is to cover one of the AF windows with a finger, but it does not work 100%. After many good pictures lost, I got a Yashica T4 and I am happy with its Zeiss Tessar lens (well, I recently "upgraded" to a Nikon 35 TI, but that's another story...). The Olympus has been sitting idle since then. Those are the only two cheap point&shoot cameras from the '90s that expose slide film properly. Others tend to overexpose because they have been designed for print film, like most zoom P&S. If you want a zoom camera, the Minolta Riva 70-75W or the Yashica T-Zoom do a fine job. Both have a zoom lens that is a real wide angle (28 mm) and end around 70 mm. The Minolta is a little faster (3.5 at 28 mm), while the Yashica has a Zeiss Tessar lens, but slower (4.5-8).
    More expensive choices are the Leica Minilux and Minilux Zoom and the Nikon 28TI - 35TI, but you need real luck to find a good one below 100$.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have made a decision. It's completely useless as an answer to my original question, but still a solution to my problem.
    The digital P&S I gave up was never a walkaround camera, it was just for parties and social things and I used it because it was relatively quick. It was never used for serious photography. After realizing this fact and the fact that I don't need a serious P&S camera, I decided to get a very un-serious P&S camera. A Lomography Fisheye 2. $30 and I have a very fast little machine perfectly suited for what I'll be using it for, and the good thing is that image quality is not an issue with this type of P&S. Simply because you know beforehand you won't be using this for anything serious.
    Still, thanks everyone for your recommendations!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin