Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,554   Posts: 1,545,007   Online: 751

View Poll Results: Which filters?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yellow

106 56.68%
  • Orange

92 49.20%
  • Red

110 58.82%
  • Green

48 25.67%
  • Blue

19 10.16%
  • Warmtone

23 12.30%
  • Polarizer

125 66.84%
  • Neutral Gradient

58 31.02%
  • Other

52 27.81%
  • I do not usually use filters at all

16 8.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Therefore all that would happen is that the other filter would turn all day, accomplishing nothing.
    Steve
    Good point!

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used digital for a few years and hated the black and white feature on it, as it really didn't behave like a real b&w, in that a red or polariser did nothing to the sky! Anyway, I've used red, orange, yellow-green, and a polariser in the past (forget which brand), but now cokin.

However, in colour, the cokin ND doesn't seem to work well on digital, as it can render the sky purple-ish (quite unnatural), does this happen on film?
    Film and digital; best of both worlds. JapanesePhotos.Asia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a small set of Lee Filters (3 stop ND Hard Grad, Coral Grad and combined 3 srop ND Hard Grad with warm up at the bottom). I use these with my Bronica SQ-B and D300. I will use them with my 35mm kit once I've bought the adaptors.

I've got a set of various colours (red, blue green, orange and yellow) that I use (very occasionally) with my F100 and will be looking for their equivalents for my OM1 / OM2n. I also use digital protect (clear) filters for the lenses I have for my D300.

I tend to think of filters as having two uses. One - they produce whatever effect you want from them and, two - they provide some protection from dust, water and finger marks for your lens.
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have just started to gain intrest in filters. I will hopefully get a few soon. I just picked up an 85B to shoot some Ektachrome 64T in daylight. I can't wait to see how it goes.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Light yellow is my standard filter. Yellow-orange for landscapes, and yellow-green in the summer for landscapes and sometimes portraits. DUTO 0 or 1 when I use soft filters.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I just picked up an 85B to shoot some Ektachrome 64T in daylight. I can't wait to see how it goes.
    If you find it a bit too cool, try a 'plain' 85.
    It's better for that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, I have a filter that is 2 piece thing. One piece screws on to the lens of course and the other just free spins and I think It says Polarizer on the side? I can't remember the brand? I wonder how I use this filter if it just free spins? And to get it off if I want I'd have to try a wide rubber band or duct tape?
    Terry
    I'm brain damaged,what's your excuse?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The effect of a polarizer changes with its orientation. So it needs to rotate freely, without falling off your lens when it does.

It's no problem getting a grip of the non-rotating part to get it on and off the lens. Only fingers required.

Shooter
    35mm
    or maybe just UV, if you consider them to be real filters?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin