Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,053   Online: 788

Images

Nikkormat Ftn shutter release question

I have a Nikkormat which seems in overall fine operating condition, but the shutter release button feels different from other cameras I have used, and I am wondering if the following behavior is normal for the Nikkormat: if I depress the shutter release slowly, there are there two light clicks along the way before shutter releases. This occurs with a cable release or with simple manual release. If I push the button down to allow two clicks, then let up on the button, the clicks do not recur, and the shutter releases like most I am used to. To those with Nikkormats, how do your shutter releases compare?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's perfectly normal for the early Nikkormats, up to at least the FT3. Use it to your advantage. Lightly depress until you hear the first click and hold there. The shutter will fire with only the very slightest pressure from that point on. It's a big help when using slow shutter speeds or when you are waiting for your subject to display just the right expression.
    Frank Schifano

Images
    Frank,

Thanks for the information and the tip.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

the film advance will work after the two light clicks

Try it and you'll see. Hey, you can shoot blank frames this way. It's weird, but the Nikkormat is the only camera I've seen that will do this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got one that opposite of that, it fires the shutter, but you can't advance the film till you push the button that tiny bit further. Both have film in them, so I'm not experimenting right now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin