Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,659   Online: 812

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The SRT is the later, better camera; probably has a better lens and has a very sophisticated (for the time) contrast-compensating exposure system. But the SR-3 has the "cachet" of being an older camera. IIRC, the early SRs had a lens diaphram that had to be re-opened from stop-down by resetting a small lever. I may be wrong.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Keep those cameras! Great cameras, highly reliable and structurally strong. They will work in extremely cold weather long after other battery operated cameras give up.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that guys - interesting indeed.

I've done a bit of Googling and found some interesting links :

The SRT-100 manual : http://www.urmonas.net/manuals/srt101/srt101.html
    A Camerpedia Listing : http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Mino...g_the_SR-T_101
    The Camera Site : http://www.thecamerasite.net/01_SLR_...minoltasrt.htm

I was interested to read about them. Features we take for granted today, like overall matrix metering, these cameras were clearly the forerunners. I'm not sure if I'll be able to use them - my Nikon F5 seems more straight forward!

The most interesting thing of all was I found a roll of rewound colour film in the SRT-101. My uncle died about 3 years ago, and he hasn't done photography for over 20 years, so I'm not sure if the film could be developed? If so, I might try to get it developed to give the prints to my aunt, his widow. She'd love to see them, whatever they are of. Landscapes I expect.

Ted
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't want them; give them to me! (he, he, he)

Shooter
    35mm
    I've just recently discovered how nice they are. I bought two SRT-102 bodies at a flea market, and after a few minor repairs they're as good as new...almost. I've got the Rokkor-X 50/1.7, a Rokkor-X 50-135/3.5, a Minolta Celtic 28/2.8, and an MC Rokkor-X PG 50/1.4 on the way. I love using these cameras so much that my Canon DSLR and EOS 1vHS have been sitting idle in their bags for some time now (with occasional exercise). The Rokkor and Celtic lenses are impressively sharp and the camera itself is a joy to use. On the 102 you can see all of your vital info in the viewfinder and make adjustments without taking your eye away from the viewfinder. On top of all of that, the CLC exposure system works very well, exposing difficult scenes with no problem. I'm in love with the SRT system!

Andy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

All I can says I'd that these suckers a built like tanks. Never had an SR but the sr-T101 is sweet. I used mine for four years with a hand held Weston Master meter until I decided to get a battery only to find out the meter was non functional. Not like it mattered. Have fun.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I doubt there are any name brand cameras, and probably not many no names, that aren't more capable of taking good pictures than the operator.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Ted Smith;

Three (3) things:

(1.) There is a Minolta Manual Focus Special Interest Group right here on APUG. Look for them over in the heading under "GROUPS."

(2.) The Minolta SR-T 101 is a very nice camera. As a mechanical camera, it can be kept working for years with an occasional CLA every once in a while. All the battery does is run the light meter. There are some different ways of getting the light meter to work if you want to do that. Contact me for specific information on how to do them. Some are very simple, but cost a few dollars. Some are less expensive, but may require some work on your part.

(3.) Regarding the Minolta SR-3, please add my name to the list of people to be contacted if you ever decide to make it available to other people who also appreciate older Minolta cameras. I admit that I am ready to arm wrestle almost any other photographer for a chance to use an SR-3.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a SRT 202 and it's a nice tank with a really good meter. I have the later MC 50 f1.4 lens. Give it a test drive.

If you don't want the SR-3 you can always send it over the Atlantic to me.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    For more information regarding the cameras see: http://www.rokkorfiles.com/Cameras.html
    Regards,
    Andreas

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin