Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,578   Online: 1146

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are great. For what they cost, they are one of the best bangs for the buck out there. Even if you don't use it much, keep it on hand just to have a Minolta body around in case some nice lenses fall your way for a bargain.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    They are very rugged cameras. Two years ago, my SRT-200 fell out of the back of my truck, about a four foot drop onto pavement. I picked it up and couldn't see any damage, so I kept on using it for the rest of my vacation. It was several months later when I tried to put a flash on the hot shoe, that I found one side of the shoe smashed down so the flash wouldn't fit. Everything still works fine, and after I pried the hot shoe back up, I can use it, too. I use alkaline batteries. I have checked the SRT against other cameras, and it is always within 1/2 stop.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The SRT-101 is still one of my all-time favorite 35mm cameras. The battery problem can be dealt with and the lenses are just superb. The cameras are rugged, reliable, very easy to use, and include features you don't often fine today such as mirror lock-up and depth of field preview. I still use mine and have just 're-inherited' my SRT-102 from my younger daughter as she's decided that her digital is all she needs. Whoopie!

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are great!. I calibrated the meter in mine against a hand held meter using the ASA setting. Give it a try. They are great cameras and lenses. You can use them without batteries with a hand held meter. You are going to be amazed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an SRT101. It is built like a tank. All of my MD lenses from my X-700's fit it as well. A great camera system indeed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_smith View Post
    Hi

Been given a Minolta SRT101 body with an Minolta MC Rokkor-PF f1.7 lens from my Aunt who used to do photography back in the 60's.

She also gave me Minolta SR-3 with f1.4 lens.

Are either of them any good (in terms of camera quality) or should I sell it or even throw it out?

Ted
    I own fancy Leica, Nikon (rangefinders and SLR's), but I seem keep reaching for my SRT-101 more and more lately when I really need to get a shot for work purposes in 35mm. This is a fine camera and system. The Minolta MD/MC system is a helluva bargain too - particularly the lenses - sharpness that can cut.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    They are great. For what they cost, they are one of the best bangs for the buck out there. Even if you don't use it much, keep it on hand just to have a Minolta body around in case some nice lenses fall your way for a bargain.
    Yeah I agree totally. It's a great system to have fun with because you can buy all sorts of gear at reasonable cost. Of course the Minolta system does have a few pricey, special lenses, but that's all the more fun tracking them down and using them. One on my list is the Rokkor 58mm F1.2. I own the newer Rokkor-X 50/1.2 (a superbly sharp lens), but the 58/1.2 has build quality that one can only dream about being made today (with the possible exception of Leica at the usual extreme cost).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    used mine today

one thing I love that I had forgotten about---the way you can toggle the stop-down preview between momentary & always on...I don't recall any other camera that I've had ever doing that...it's a good feature for me since I rarely preview DOF--and should

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I mainly shoot with an F3 and M4, but SRT-101s are great cameras. Minolta's Rokkor lenses are also incredible optically. A *very* good optics company.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Minolta SRT-101 and SR-3 being sold

Hi all

If anyone is interested, I am selling both the Minolta SRT-101 and the SR-3 on eBay. I realise it's not appropriate to link, but if you do a search they should come up. I am tedsmith28. I'd prefer to sell them to someone from APUG seeing as you've all helped me in various ways over recent years. Just thought I'd let you all know, if you are interested. Unfortunately, I just don't have a sufficient use for them and they are just gathering dust in my cupboards. Would love someone to have them who would use them.

Ted
    Ted Smith Photography
    Hasselblad 501CM...my 2nd love.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin