Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,816   Online: 802

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

1 camera for a month

I'll be using a Nikon and a 50\28 combo for a month. I'll learn how to shoot in situations where previously I would have used a small RF.
    Anyone else doing this, and any tips for me?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do this periodically, for different reasons. I think that it helps me focus more attention on "seeing" and less on gear. It also reminds me that my feet are still the best zoom. I keep it to one lens, though. That started when I noticed that 90% of my large format shots were taken with one lens (the 210mm on 4x5, or the 420mm on 8x10.) Works the same way for me in other formats, except that the smaller I go the wider the "one lens" gets( for example, by the time I get down to a 35mm camera the most often used lens is in the 35mm range.) I'm sure it means something, although I have no idea what.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Do you think I should keep it to the 50mm? The 28mm is useful for indoor environmental shots, thats pretty much all I use it for. Should I not use the flash as well?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been using one of my OM-1s for the past month or so and mostly with the same lens combo you are using. I find it forces me to compose better.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used my Nikon FM2 all summer long. In the past I've shot with 1 camera because that's all I owned. I agree 1 prime and 1 camera make you think more.

Shooter
    35mm
    I haven't tripped the shutter on anything but my newly aquired Zorki 1c in about a month and a half. I agree that the single camera/lens combination forces more thought and provides a wonderful excercise for the eye. The added advantage I find is that I am more inclined to have such a tiny rangefinder with me all the time (I've only left the house twice without it) than with an SLR. A great change of pace. Perfect for a spring stroll.

Cluckey.

P.S. Markok765, I'd personally keep it to a fifty, but wides are a lot of fun in a crowd of people.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It would certainly reduce the 'What do I use today?' type quandries. I might try that with my Nikon. I haven't shot much recently. I have all this new film to burn and the 4x5 just doesn't carry well on a daily basis.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    marko

using 1 lens is the best thing ...
    get rid of the 28, its deadweight.

john

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I still intend to get a Nikon FE and 28mm F2.8 AIS and use that for all my color work. That would be fun

I personally enjoy little dinky cameras. I don't have to think about the lens. I just put the film in and press the button (and end up with line scratches along the entire length of my kodachrome roll ) The lenses are good and as long as you end up with a camera that has some level of exposure compensation beyond using different types of film, life is good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do use one camera for a while (not necessary for a month). Sometimes it's nice because you don't have to carry extra gear. BTW Marko I do like to use a wide angle alot especally outdoors, but thats just me!

Jeff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin