Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,669   Online: 773

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Ah! Someone as bad as I am for not being able to resist things that are cheap/free whether we need them or not!
    Long may we both continue!
    Steve

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    ...... and indeed very good of Marc to come up with the necessary to get the camera going!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Thanks Marc Akermann!

Not only did Marc A. send me the battery holder but included the camera as well.Above & beyond the call.
    By the y,my friend's gift Minolta 7000 powers up and all functions seem to work.I'm using it today to photograph the local spring freshet.
    I've got a question.The manual states that there is a battery located somewhere in the camera that controls the data function.Can someone expand on this.

Mike

RMD

Shooter
    35mm
    The internal battery is under the battery compartment. There are one or two screws. Carefully take the screw out and carefully take the internal cover off. There is a single wire soldered to the cover. Simply pop the battery out and replace. Common battery. I think that the only function it serves is for the internal clock/calendar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, this 3-volt battery is really thin and is 2 cm. in diameter. They seem to last forever and battery stores around here (Michigan) seem to have them in stock so guess they're not uncommon. This extra battery is indeed located in the battery compartment behind a metal plate. There are actually 6 screws to the metal plate in order to get to that 3v battery. If you decide to remove the cover to check the battery, keep the screws in order because 3 of them are shorter than the other three and will not 'grab' if you try to screw a short screw into....well,... just keep them in order. :-) Inside the battery panel are two wires (blue & black) soldered to the metal plate. Seems a bit fragile so don't pull too hard on the metal plate after removing the last screw. The main purpose of this battery, as I remember it, is mainly as a memory for your settings and film counter when you change the 4 regular AAA batteries. The one in your 'new' camera should be good. :-)
    Last edited by Marc Akemann; 04-10-2009 at 11:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin