Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,567   Posts: 1,573,486   Online: 759

Shooter
    35mm

Miranda Sensorex

So ive been thinking for a while now that i really dont use my miranda any more, but i cant decide if its worth selling or just keep it around. I've always wanted to get a LF adapter and maybe some leica glass but its just way way way way too expensive for my budget right now. Here's the setup, tell me what you think / thoughts on a price?

Miranda Sensorex (perfect working condition w/manual, leather case, warranty card )
    Miranda 28mm f/2.8 (with hood+uv)
    Miranda 50mm f/1.8
    Miranda 135mm f/2.8
    Miranda 2x teleconverter

all lenses have hard leather cases

Filters fit onto 28mm hood
    55mm Lumix 85B
    55mm Vivitar RED NO.25(A)
    55mm Tiffen yellow

SO i was thinking of getting rid of that for some radio slaves... whats everyone else think? hold em for 20 years and let value increase... or sell em off now?

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    IMHO what you're likely to get money-wise will be nowhere near the camera's real worth, though if you don't use it and value the space it occupies, then perhaps it's time to move it on.
    Sadly, there's so much camera kit out there that it will be a long time before such things increase in value appreciably.
    I suggest you keep it and just wheel it out once a year to fondle it and perhaps run a film through.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think you'll even get enough for a pair of Pocket Wizards, though you can easily get one of the less expensive alternatives.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

You have a fine basic camera kit there. I always liked the EE variant. Nice camera. Unfortunatele, as others have pointed out, the value has dropped. You will be surprised. There is probably much more enjoyment left in the Miranda than there is trade-in or resale value. As a mechanical camera, it can continue to keep going for many more years with an occasioal CLA.

Why not keep it, and get a few rolls of 35 mm film to feed it occasionally so that it does not lose too much weight?
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hold onto the Miranda kit. The Miranda Sensorex is a fine camera, and your kit will hold it's value. Hold onto it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin