Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,510   Online: 1097

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    The clip can be replaced but it's definitely not a home repair job. Clip is spring load and part of it (inside, under a circuit board) has broken off. If interested, I can the work for you. John, www.zuiko.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hermanson View Post
    The clip can be replaced but it's definitely not a home repair job. Clip is spring load and part of it (inside, under a circuit board) has broken off. If interested, I can the work for you. John, www.zuiko.com
    Dear John,

Thanks for you helpful suggestions on this and other issues. Unfortunately, living in Australia, access to your services is somewhat problematic -though I will keep the option in mind failing a local solution: thanks!

Now, after messing around with it some, I feel I have worked out a reasonably convenient way of loading a film cassette even though the "retaining clip" is, clearly, faulty. (I work the leader of the film around a hard edge to put a reverse twist to it and orient the camera in a particular way -to keep the film located right- as I close the back: it seems to work for me.)

Shooter
    Multi Format

More on the virtues of the iS-1000/L-1

Well, I have been examining the prints of the shots I have taken so far with the L-1 with a magnifying glass, and I must say I am very impressed with the resolution of the lens.

In one instance, there is a shot, taken at a distance of about 100+ feet, which includes the top of the chimney of a house. Under the magnifying glass, a "constellation" of small dark dots near the top of the chimney reveals itself to be a group of bees coming and going from a hive in the chimney!

I am surprised that no-one on Apug appears to own one or more of the iS series of cameras, as no iS user/owner has yet responded.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Galah View Post
    Well, I have been examining the prints of the shots I have taken so far with the L-1 with a magnifying glass, and I must say I am very impressed with the resolution of the lens.

In one instance, there is a shot, taken at a distance of about 100+ feet, which includes the top of the chimney of a house. Under the magnifying glass, a "constellation" of small dark dots near the top of the chimney reveals itself to be a group of bees coming and going from a hive in the chimney!

I am surprised that no-one on Apug appears to own one or more of the iS series of cameras, as no iS user/owner has yet responded.
    Except for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Except for me.
    Sorry, Kevin, I wasn't sure you were speaking as an owner/user. Would you like to say a bit more about your experiences using one?

BTW, I have had a chance to try the "Power Focus" function and was pleasantly surprised at the degree of control available with this function: the helical thread is relatively fine and smooth, giving good control.

PS: I almost forgot; the bokeh on the "Macro Tele" setting is beautifully creamy and misty looking.
    Last edited by Galah; 04-13-2009 at 09:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Galah. I think you had another thread on the iS series where I specifically mentioned owning the iS-3000. Anyway, I love it. I have had to get repairs done a few times though. The weirdest one was when I was on holidays in Canada, sitting eating a meal, when suddenly the LCD display started going black, and smoke started coming out of the camera. That repair was paid for by travel insurance. One other repair was needed when the manual focus stopped working. Since I started using a Hasselblad about five years ago, I use the iS-3000 a lot less than I used to, but it is awesome for certain requirements, such as sports, etc. Optically I think it is superb. Reviews were usually effusive about the optical quality of this range. The motor drive is a bit slow compared to others at only 2 frames per second, but it is fine for my needs. I've used it for everything from candids of the kids to greyhound racing. If you want to see one example from the iS-3000, have a look at the shot of the cyclist in my gallery.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    I actually have one sitting in a closet (forgot about it until seeing your post). It was a "splurge" purchase for me way back when and the only film camera I ever owned (up until my recent interest). I remember it being quite good, though I knew nothing about shutter speed, aperture, etc. back then. I actually have two 8x10 photos hanging on the wall in my hallway that I took with it.

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Hi Galah. I think you had another thread on the iS series where I specifically mentioned owning the iS-3000. ... If you want to see one example from the iS-3000, have a look at the shot of the cyclist in my gallery.
    Dear Kevin and DRabbit:

Kevin,
    Sorry again: I'm getting to an age where I tend to forget things all too often. I tried to find your gallery, but wasn't able to work out how (would it be it too much to ask for a link, please?)

DRabbit,
    Thanks for responding. I looked up your website: impressive!.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Galah View Post
    Dear Kevin and DRabbit:

Kevin,
    Sorry again: I'm getting to an age where I tend to forget things all too often. I tried to find your gallery, but wasn't able to work out how (would it be it too much to ask for a link, please?)

DRabbit,
    Thanks for responding. I looked up your website: impressive!.
    Hi Galah,

I'll try to attach it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails therace.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry, Galah, but you probably couldn't access my gallery as you don't seem to be a subscriber. But anyway, now you can see the pic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin