Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,632   Online: 747

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Sorry, Galah, but you probably couldn't access my gallery as you don't seem to be a subscriber. But anyway, now you can see the pic.
    Kevin,

Thanks for the prompt response. True, I'm only a "member" (and glad of it), so I can't access the galleries.

As to the "Cyclist", that is one "artistic" shot!

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No worries, Galah, and thanks for the comment. If you have any more iS questions, please ask here.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi guys,

I am new of the forum, and I want to share my experience with Olympus IS-1. I shot some b/w pictures with Agfaphoto APX 400, yellow filter, I mean landscape; the result has been excellent in sharpness. I also shot color films as the Kodak Superia 200. But with the color I am less enthusiastic.
    I think it is very inexpensive for the characteristics it brings along: specially I appreciate the Spot Exposimeter, and the integrated flash; also macro integrated function is very useful.
    Other side of the medal is the power unit: in fact I ruined a roll of Slides because it faulted with the exposure, giving more the normal; I think the reason is due to the type of battery (CR123) that tends to alter the exposure reading when they lacks in charge. I replaced them.
    I like also the beauty of the item itself.

Shooter
    35mm
    If memory serves, I've got 2 of the pro models and 3 of the consumer models. They are great little cameras and really illustrate the genius and creativity of Olympus. The design was an amazing innovation and has been copied by pretty much every manufacturer for their d@#&*$l models.

If you need a pro quality Oly with autofocus, these are the answer. The only drawback is that the lenses are fairly slow, but there is the built in flash for low light conditions.

As a bonus the T-CONS can be screwed on any lens, increasing the focal length with essentially no reduction on lens speed or quality.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, one problem is the not-so-luminous lens. For sure the Is-1 couldn't have been totally good.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just finished the first test roll with mine, will find out next Wednesday how it did.

I love the grip, but not so fond of the AF and the noise the power zoom makes. It was struggling to lock focus today, the light wasn't great but I could have managed it with a manual focus body.
    Matt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin