Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,134   Online: 745

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Just to confirm, there is no problem with this topic on APUG.
    Cooler heads have prevailed!
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    35mm
    look, the F90X is an analog camara! Digital camaras don´t need the mentioned device.
    greetings
    Joan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    I googled it and a few sites came up with cables that allow you to connect your analogue Nikon to a PC or MAC. Har Talk and Soft Talk. What are they for?
    Jeff
    they allow you aming oter thinsg to get shooting data (about 12 different ones)

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks, the problem is I need a cable for PC,
    Joan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by physi28 View Post
    thanks, the problem is I need a cable for PC,
    Joan
    You might want to check further on the offer of the Hartalk cable. IIRC, he made one basic cable that used adapters to connect to various computing hardware, and multiple adapters, including one for your PC might be included in the offer you've gotten.

Lee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yes, I have the basic cable and module that attaches to the F5/F90/F100 and the DB-9 serial adapter cable that plugs into a PC serial port. It would probably be simpler to also buy a serial to USB adapter. I also have the Palm Pilot adapter that allowed the use of various Palm programs to control and collect data from Nikon cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, as it has been said; I am not interested in any manipulation of my F90 via a computer but to get the shooting data, as I personally consider them extremely helpfull to learn of my errors. thanks to all!
    Joan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    Yes, I have the basic cable and module that attaches to the F5/F90/F100 and the DB-9 serial adapter cable that plugs into a PC serial port. It would probably be simpler to also buy a serial to USB adapter. I also have the Palm Pilot adapter that allowed the use of various Palm programs to control and collect data from Nikon cameras.
    So far I have downloaded the software offered by Cocoon, "soft talk", what I am not sure about is if this software will work only with the correspondent "Har Talk" cable or with the MC-31, MC-32 cables which where supposed to be used with Nikon Photo Secretary.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I believe that either cable (MC-31 or HarTalk) will work with either software package (SoftTalk or PhotoSecretary).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, you are right. My bad.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin