Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,496   Online: 870

Shooter
    35mm

Vivitar (Kiron) 75-205mm f/3.8 w/stuck ap leaves :-(

i've just recently pulled all my old ME Super kit out out of storage and found both the Vivitar (Kiron)) lenses had stuck aperture leaves. the 28mm f/2 i was able to find info on cleaning based on the 24mm (and i'm happy to report they're quite snappy now), but i can't seem to find any info on the 75-205mm. i'd really like to try and fix this myself, so i'm wondering if anyone has any insight into getting to the leaves. i removed the mount and the 3 screws behind the focus/zoom ring (it's 1 touch) but i was unable to get the leaves to close like i could w/the 28mm and i couldn't get the barrel apart.

thanks for any help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sometimes a bit of exercise can help.Set the lens to it's widest setting and flick the aperture leaver or switch.Watch a movie or hockey game while doing this.May take a while.

Shooter
    35mm
    A zoom is more complicated than a prime.......I had a go with a Kiron 70-150 and couldn't get it back together again...well at least I ended up with a handy magnifying glass out of the mess.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    Sometimes a bit of exercise can help.Set the lens to it's widest setting and flick the aperture leaver or switch.Watch a movie or hockey game while doing this.May take a while.

that means i have to watch either the Bruins ('cept i'm orig from DC/VA. go Caps!) or my 3 yr old daughter's new favorite movie- Mama Mia

i did try that, tho. no luck. i did manage to get the index ring loose and pushed back this a.m. but i don't have any JIS screwdrivers, so i didn't go further than that. i think i may buy one i found for sale on another forum (wicked cheap) and still give this a go. if i screw it up, well at least i've got lens parts

thanks guys!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin