Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,859   Online: 988

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonenameddavid View Post
    What do you have against the PC Nikkor, other than it is big and slow, it seems to have wonderful optics...
    David
    I have nothing against the PC-Nikkor - in fact I would love to own one. Sometimes I think I should sell everything, including my digital stuff, and get an F2, a 35mm f/2.8 PC-Nikkor and a 105mm f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor. I could probably do everything I'm really interested in with those two lenses... OK, I guess I need the 24mm f/2.8 also.

My reason for not suggesting the 35mm PC is just that it's about four times more expensive than the non-PC 35mm f/2.8. I was trying to meet the OP's requirement that the lens be inexpensive.
    Last edited by rthomas; 05-07-2009 at 07:09 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree that the Tamron 24mm f2.5 is a really nice lens. You might even find one for well under $50.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Jeff View Post
    Personally I prefer the 28mm lenses, but I am probably in a minority here. I use the 28mm on SLRs and RFs as my standard lens on about 85% of my shooting.
    Same here--28 seems like a good compromise when I want to go wide.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohblah View Post
    I am of the opinion that having too many lenses is a bad thing, but that's just personal preference.
    Beats the alternative, though!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin