Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,315   Online: 1217

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    At some point in school back when I was there, I was recommended K1000 but I ended up getting Spotmatic, and that was alright. And that one and the other one I got later worked fine as good manual cameras.

But when I discovered Nikon FM, I knew that was something I'd be holding for a long time. I've had three FMs since then, and I'm still very happy with this camera and happier than using other cameras!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    At some point in school back when I was there, I was recommended K1000 but I ended up getting Spotmatic, and that was alright. And that one and the other one I got later worked fine as good manual cameras.

But when I discovered Nikon FM, I knew that was something I'd be holding for a long time. I've had three FMs since then, and I'm still very happy with this camera and happier than using other cameras!
    I'va had an FM since it's inception and is an excellent camera, but I love my Spottie.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    Didn't you just start a thread in which you said you enjoy using and abusing your Nikon F5? Does that apply to this Pentax as well?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Didn't you just start a thread in which you said you enjoy using and abusing your Nikon F5? Does that apply to this Pentax as well?
    Nah, the pentax was not abused at all. I even kept it in a bag while walking around! I have only abused my F5. The Pentax is perfect, apart from the meter broken, which was always a weak point in the Pentax screwmount series.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i have and use my k1000 - bought in 1981 or so.
    never had a problem, never been cla'd ...

good luck

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I had to buy a 35mm camera when I went to photography school and ended up buying a K1000. In the intervening 25 years or so I've treated it with shameful disrespect and it's never let me down. It even spent six months of a sea kayak trip in a cheap Tupper Ware container while the 4x5 gear traveled in Pelican Case style. The hot shoe got pretty rusty, but that didn't faze it one bit, and it's been happily grabbing family snapshots for years now with no battery.

One kick-ass solid camera!

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got my films back and the negas are spot on...the spotmatic is a work of genius...almost 40 years old, and a quality camera. As for changing over screw lenses, I am an advocate of one lens on the camera for the day and make it work...it's amazing how that can inspire...K

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, it seems that I've stirred up a hornet's nest here, haha. Thanks all for the replies & very valuable info...I'm currently bidding on a Spottie SP500 on evil bay...wish me luck!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin