Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,842   Online: 785

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abused cameras?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmOnly View Post
    Contemporary cameras are so ugly that all of us film fans should baby our cameras. I suppose I could buy a digital camera, but, aside from the fact that I believe film to be superior, those plastic blobs called DSLRs lack design aesthetics.
    My thoughts exactly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Only camera that I have that shows signs of wear is my black FM2. The others look like they were made yesterday, even the Leica iii.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Abuse refers to the use or treatment of something (a person, item, substance, concept, or vocabulary) that is harmful."

No I don't harm/abuse my cameras and I don't put them at risk either. Putting my cameras at risk means putting myself at risk and as an amateur I don't find its worth it. I use my cameras and take care of them cause any camera even F5 or leica will eventually give up on you if you mistreat it. That said I don't worry about scratches on my cameras they are unavoidable in time.
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    35mm
    When i got my first camera, it was so mint, i couldnt even use it.. but over time, it got scratches on it, few paint losses here and there.. and it never looked more beautiful than it is now.. though, i wish it was still mint, scratchless and still covered in black paint.. but, it is inevitable.. and somehow, the signs of wear grew on me... it kinda looks like it has a soul... like it was given life for the first time.. if it was man.. id say its age is around late 20's or early 30's... and thats a good age.. and it just keeps getting better and better...

but i dont abuse it.. i still take care of it.. as it gives me the greatest photos of my life..
    Flickr
    Multiply
    My PhotoBlog
    My Twitter!

WTB: Konica Autoreflex T3 and AR lenses

Shooter
    35mm
    Some of you guys are just weird, you shoud see a doctor you know
    Why would you do something like that, you ugly camera abusers

Shooter
    35mm
    I treat my gear with kid gloves, just about. However, the ONLY time I've ever dropped a camera was in the freezing cold at Alishan in Taiwan, and I dropped it twice in two minutes. My wife still laughs at me for using sticky tape to hold bits of the flash together (after super glue failed!).

I'm glad to hear from Mike that it is worth while treating gear gently, makes my effort worth it. I've recently bought a Minolta 50mm 1.4, and it looks like it was used only once. But then, I'm in Japan where they treat everything carefully, so buying second hand gear is a dream. (I've also got a 28mm f2.8 and 100mm 2.8 macro, all appearing like new, and all second hand, which must make resale wonderful).
    Film and digital; best of both worlds. JapanesePhotos.Asia.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    "Abuse refers to the use or treatment of something (a person, item, substance, concept, or vocabulary) that is harmful."

Just saw this I speak nicely to mine, and warn it of the dangers of substance abuse. Luckily, one of mine is film, so it doesn't have to worry about viruses. However, the lenses must take care to avoid fungus, so I should practice safe lens use.
    Film and digital; best of both worlds. JapanesePhotos.Asia.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I swear this is the second thread you've posted on this, Marko.

GO OUTSIDE AND TAKE SOME PICTURES! STOP WASTING TIME ON APUG :P
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winjeel View Post
    Just saw this I speak nicely to mine, and warn it of the dangers of substance abuse. Luckily, one of mine is film, so it doesn't have to worry about viruses. However, the lenses must take care to avoid fungus, so I should practice safe lens use.
    I find it very offensive to see my posts abused like this, shame on you
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The way my gear look is the least of my worries; as long as they do what I tell them to do and do it well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin