Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,859   Online: 771

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Abused cameras?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    My cameras are my friends. I neither abuse them, but nor do I protect them from experiencing life. They are aging slowly and gracefully.

That’s the attitude that I like!

Hey Jason Brunner...I just ordered your beginners darkroom DVD. Cannot wait for it to arrive!

I have watched all your youtube videos, infact you ones on film processing is what I used to get start myself. If you look at the link below you will see my plans for a dark room that I am building in my house. I would greatly appreciate it if you had any input.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/6...oom-plans.html

Thanks

Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I walked into a local camera shop recently and saw a rather battered and bruised OM1 with a 50mm/f1.4 silver-nose on the front. The base plate looked like the camera had been used to bang in a few nails, the meter didn't work and the light seals were shot to hell. Apart from that - perfect.

I agreed a (very reasonable) price - more for the lens than the camera - subject to the camera shop getting it working properly. They did and 'Ollie' is here with me at work. I've just bought him a new little friend - a 100mm/f2.8 with no rubber focusing grip - but otherwise optically and mechanically perfect.

My missus thinks I'm bonkers and regards the cameras as one step up from junk. I like to think I've rescued a couple of old, neglected, flawed gems which will serve me well for years to come - and probably out-perform my D700 if I use them correctly, all for a fraction of the cost....!
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin